Monday, 25 September 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Falling Leaves

Good morning, friends! The leaves are falling, the air is cooler and the days are getting shorter... hellooooo Autumn!

And to celebrate this beautiful time of the year, I've created an art journal page with a seasonal theme. Just so you know how wonderfully versatile Chocolate Baroque stamps are, I'm featuring a stamp not usually associated with autumn: the Flora Musica rose.

Every year I am enthralled by the sights and smells of autumn: rich, warm, mellow. So how do I get some of these onto an art journal? As always I started by prepping the page with Faber Castell White Gesso. When completely dry I applied these Folk Art Acrylic Paints with a baby wipe.
417 Teddy Bear Brown, 433 Terra Cotta, 951 Apple Spice, 920 Autumn Leaves, 225 Pumpkin, 431 French Vanilla, 724 Evergreen, 726 Green Meadow and 923 Clover.

Next, I used Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Leaves dies to cut the foliage out of gold tissue paper. I stuck them own with Ranger Multi Medium Matte, creating layers for texture and dimension. The tissue paper leaves captures the look and feel of dry leaves.

The focal image on the page is Flora Musica. I stamped t directly onto the background using Plum Ranger Archival Ink and I've coloured the leaves with Faber Castell P.olychromos. I stamped the image again with Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured the flowers with Copics, fussy cut and adhered them to the image.

And finally, the letters for the quote are cut out of black CS using WRMK Alphabet dies

And here is my autumn inspired art journal page:
Challenges:
Mixed Media World #29: AG
Always Fun #25: AG
HeARTful Stamping: AG + Stamp

That's all from me today. I've been so very busy this fortnight and I haven't actually had the time to craft for leisure. I'm glad for these DT projects because they remind me to slow down and take pleasure in getting inky. Thank you so much for stopping by and have an amazing Monday.

Beijinhos!

14 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous journal page Asha. I love the colours you have used.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous journal page Asha. I love the colours you have used.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous journal page Asha. I love the colours you have used.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my dear friend, so glad to hear that you have fun playing with inks and this amazing JP!
    Love this fab stamp, it's one of my favourite and you have colou red it so well with different mediums! These leaves are just stunning, really gorgeous!!
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great journal page! I love the background and the effect using a baby wipe. The leaves are so beautiful and they do look so delicate. The focal image just hits the right spot with the musical image behind it. I love how you added some sparkle on top and love the white you added on the flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Asha, beautifully designed and coloured, I love the warm Autumnal colours, and the gold leaves are a brilliant touch of embellishments, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Challenges.
    ~Janis, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! That is so Gorgeous and the colours are stunning Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning work Asha. What a wonderful journal page design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great journal page Asha and I love the pretty autumnal colours and the dimension you have got on the flowers and the white gel pen which you have used to highlight. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking it was time for a journal page, I always look forward to this, you have totally outdone yourself, every detail is fabulous, I especially like the gold falling leaves. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the depth of texture you've achieved with this project! Thank you for playing in the HeARTful Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done Autumn journal page. Love the phrase too! Thank you for sharing this with us at MMW!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...