Wednesday, 30 August 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Pretty In Pink

Hello there! I'm playing with my Chocolate Baroque products today. Here's another card from me featuring one of the gorgeous new singles released in August: Hanging Flowers Single A6 stamp. What can I say? I just love ... absolutely adore this stamp. It stamps beautifully with clean crisp detailed image and a true joy to colour. It's the kind of image that will work well for all occasions.

I'm allergic to pink. The saccharine sweet hues especially, they make me heave. But for this card, I was drawn to that loathsome colour…and still managed to keep my breakfast down!

The background is fake bokeh and I used the  Seasonal Elements Stencil and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, applied directly onto a deep pink card base. Then I inked the edges with Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves. I added some Lawn Fawn Twine in Orchid to wrap up this project.

I decided to keep the design simple, without any unnecessary distractions. I started by stamping the image with VersaFine Vintage Sepia for a softer more natural look. Then I coloured it with Faber -Castell Polychromos and did a little off the edge framing. The background was too white, so I knocked it back with shades of grey and matted with the teeniest show of lavender card. There's also some Clear Wink of Stella on the flowers.

Challenges:
Crafting By Designs September: AG
Crafty Creations #349: AG
Retarte #104: AG
TTCRD Aug 29: AG
Colour Inspiration Monthly #25: AG Hand-coloured

That's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you're enjoying then last few days of August. Can't believe the year will end in 4 months! Take care and have an amazing day!

Beijinhos

12 comments:

  1. Great colouring and background Asha, they give a fab dimension to the flowers!! Love your pink shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Asha and I adore the prettily coloured flowers against that fake bokeh background which goes perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, you should use pink more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous colouring Asha, the pink is really pretty and I love the background, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preciosa tarjeta. Muy bonito coloreado y fondo
    Gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte#104
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahaaaaa...you made me laugh with your non favourite colour:) I am right behind you with this colour actually. You did a great job and love the flowers against the background you coloured in slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well for not liking pink, I think you made a beautiful card with it. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. I love how the colours pop.


    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Crafty-littleangel {Welcome to visit My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
    Kristina DT

    Crafty Creations Challenges Blog
    Cards by Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous image and amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...