Thursday, 2 March 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Spring Allium

Good morning, friends! Can you smell Spring? It's definitely in the air, and I say - about time too! I made an all-purpose card from Chocolate Baroque's aptly named stamp sheet called Breath of Spring.

I started by inking the edges of the card with Distress Ink Aged Mahogany. Next, I stamped the allium: the stem in Memento Tuxedo Black and the flowerhead with Ranger Archival Cobalt. To frame the focal image I stamped the swirly corners from Breath of Spring using Ranger Archival Plum. To finish - Lawn Fawn Orchid twine tied in a bow.

Take a look at the details on the flowerhead... perfect stamping every time! I coloured the leaves and stems with Copics. And to really draw attention to the flowers I smothered it in Nuvo Snow Blizzard and added little blobs of Daffodil Liquid Pearls.
Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday #467: AG
Word Art Wednesday #272 & #273: AG Inspirational
Crafty Girls March: AG

These are probably not your typical spring colours, but I thought I'd live life on the edge for a change! :) On the other hand, these colours will do nicely for Lent.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll see you again tomorrow with another project ... and finally, the weekend!

Beijinhos

7 comments:

  1. Amazing card, my friend!! This allium looks fabulous with the colours you choosen, and love very much the inked background!
    Hugs, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous flower image Asha! Love the blended colors in the background as well as your touch of twine! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such awesome colouring and a gorgeous colour palette sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous allium and I love the colours you have chosen. I don't have much luck growing the actual flower/bulb in the garden as Mr Squirrel keeps finding them and digging up for his dinner!! Even when I put them in tubs and planters. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous flower and I agree...awesome details.Your coloring is awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card and colours Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the colours you have used in this card and you can almost grab the flowers and smell them, they look so real and three dimensional. Those added pearls had a perfect finishing touch. Delightful card and I love it! Hugs X

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...