Monday, 11 July 2016

Something Old Something New

Hello again. I've got two projects to show you today. First up is a card featuring one of my earliest LF acquisitions called Lunar Lights. I bought it way back in early 2012 to make Chinese New Year cards.  This set has been neglected and forgotten for far too long and it's about time it saw the light of day! (sorry, couldn't help it! lol) The perfect comeback would be a spot in the Lawnscaping Challenge #133: Mood Board.

I'm keeping this card really simple by picking the colours from the mood board to create a light and  fresh card.

I paper pieced the lanterns and added lots of Clear Wink Of Stella for some shimmer.

Challenges:
Lawnscaping #133: Mood Board






My second project is for Tag You're It #51. The inspiration for this challenge is a lovely tag by Donna Mikasa. Here's my tag, featuring stamps from the Dahlia Blossoms by Altenew. I'm also going with Donna's colour palette.

I've used Lawn Fawn Inks: Wild Rose, Guava and Lobster for the Dahlia; Celery Stick, Jalapeño and Freshly Cut Grass; and Butter and Sunflower for the yellow flower.And of course tons of Clear Wink of Stella.
Challenges:
Tag You're It #51: Donna Mikasa
AAA Cards #68: Tags

That's all for today, friends. Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you a fabulous week ahead. It's going to be an amazing one for us here in Portugal because we WON the Euro 2016 Soccer!!! I confess I am a little excited. Well done, boys!

Beijinhos!

SaveSave

15 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, love the lanterns they look like they are lit. Your tag is beautiful, just got some ink pads to play with an Altenew magazine gift. Congratulations to Portugal fans... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many years of stamping! :D I'm s newbie, instead...!
    These paper pieced lanterns look so cute and love the fresh and clean style of this card!
    Love also very much the tag with these adorable dhalias, you have done a so sweet colouring and the petals shimmering really gives them a lovely touch! They are so "tactile"! :D
    Have a beautiful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS that Portugal won...yippiiie
    I pray for the win..I am not in France I choose Portugal and your country is The winner yaay
    hey your tag is so so pretty
    the card with that DP is adorable
    I miss your visit Asha
    I wish you like visiting me again if you have time
    Big hugs from Germany (no win this time at Football champion )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha, brilliant win by the Portugal team, quite right to be excited.

    Wonderful creations today, I love the lantern images and your tag is stunning, beautiful colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. two gorgeous cards Asha... CONGRAT'S on Portugal's win..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all have stuff that we just had to have but that got put aside and forgotten about. You did make a terrific first card using the lanterns set though, I really like the yellow color scheme. You flower tag is so classy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fab paper piecing Asha and the colours are so pretty. Your tag is incredible. Pleased that Portugal were the winners xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your sweet lantern card design. Great coloring. And the tag is so beautiful too. I love that dahlia the way you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely tag! I love the shimmer on the dahlia--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful tag, love that flower. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image colored so beautifully. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards! Your lanterns are bee, they lite up my day, and your tag is exquisite, your coloring is amazing! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely cards! Your lanterns are bee, they lite up my day, and your tag is exquisite, your coloring is amazing! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute cards! I love the detail and the fun colors you used! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that lantern set and I love the paper piecing! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Lawnscaping Challenge! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...