- Start by stamping one flowerhead in the top right hand corner in the front of the card base and another in the top left hand corner inside the card, with VersaFine Smokey Grey.
- Trim the around the flowerheads so that they stick out of the top and side edges. Use sharp precision scissors such as the Cutter Bee.
- Colour the flowerheads. I used Faber-Castell Polychromos.
- Ink from the edges, blending the Distress Inks inward, using Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. Stopping short of the flowerheads creates a halo effect.
- Stamp a greeting from Birthday Words A5 sheet with VersaFine Imperial Purple and fill the rest of the card with leaves from Autumn Poppy A5 sheet and VersaFine Spanish Moss.
- For a final flourish, little droplets of Liquid Pearls - Royal Blue and Hydrangea, and a few strokes of Clear Wink of Stella pen on the petals.
ATSM #172: Make Your Mark - Distress Inks, Polychromos
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: AG
Avenue 613 #152: AG
Amusing Challenge #24: AG
Come and Get It: AG With A Sentiment
I had fun making this card. The bright bold colours compliment the big flowers beautifully. As an added bonus, it's perfect for mailing overseas! Cheap and cheerful - that's what we like!
Just one final bit of news to share with you. Last Thursday the doggie stork dropped off a bouncing bundle of bow-wow. He is the reason for my sketchy blog presence.
Labrador Retriever Rescue Portugal. Charlie was not planned. I wasn't looking for another dog because wallowing in the memory of André and Rosie kept me busy. But, I've always said if there's a dog for us out there, he will find us.
And he did! It's time to channel my sadness into loving another pup. Peanut and Richard Parker are bemused by this gentle giant. Here's to a brand new chapter of cheerful canine adventures!
Thank you for stopping by today, but mostly for you patience, support and encouragement throughout the year ... and what a trying year it has been! With no shortage of heartbreaking events, I am grateful to have a hobby that I am passionate about and blog buddies who tirelessly cheer me on. Thank YOU! You have no idea how special you all are.
Have a blessed Advent Sunday, everyone.