Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Chocolate Baroque: Pretty Awesome Orchids!

Happy Wednesday, all. It's April Fools Day and if you're busy "punking" and "pranking" unsuspecting victims... good on ya! LOL.

No tricks from me, just 2 cards to show you, both featuring the Awesome Orchids clear stamps and the same vintage inspired colour combos, but with different results.

On the first card, I'm using the orchids to create a background that really stands out. With the partial retiform technique in mind, I masked off segment on a piece of alcohol marker friendly paper with post-its and inked the edges of each segment separately with TH Tea Dye Distress Ink. Then I stamped the orchids in each segment, but making sure there are no overlapping into the neighbouring segments. You will need more post-its to mask the areas. Then I coloured the images with Graph'It alcohol markers.

The greeting is from Birthday Words, stamped with VersaFine Imperial Purple and I finished the card with a couple of Pretty Pink Posh Lemon Merengue sequins.


Here's a closer look at the inked segments. They look like bits of patterned paper, cut into random pieces and put together - but it's all done on one piece of card stock.



Here's another look at the flowers. They are gorgeous. By masking off the segments before stamping, the images don't overlap. The result is a clean and crisp segmented look.




For my second card, I started by dry embossing plain white card stock with WRMK Whimsy embossing folder and inking the background with TH Tea Dye Distress Ink. Then I stamped, coloured and fussy cut several of the flower heads and leaves from the Awesome Orchids set.

I wanted to fill the card base with random clusters of the orchids and that meant some snipping, pruning and training to get the orchids to grow as shown below! :)

The greeting from Loving Sentiments, heat embossed with WOW Ebony embossing powder on vellum, is a great way to obscure the "modifications" while still allowing the artwork of the stamps to come through.



Here's a closer look at the card. Those orchids are so delicate against the trellis background.



There you have it - 2 cards that started off with plain white card stock! Feels good to fill it with colour. I am so NOT a CAS girl! :)


Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #177: AG
Catchy Challenges #13: AG
Crafting by Design April: AG
Retarte #41: Elegant, Sophisticated and Delicious
Crafty Creations: AG
Inspiration Destination #27: AG
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Happy Birthday
Wonderful Wednesday: AG


Supplies:




Thank you so much for stopping by today. We're so close to Easter... and I so want to be excited. But with Rosie being so ill, I'm just not in the mood, you know... and for not lack of trying. It's hard ... harder these days. Anyway, we soldier on, regardless. Have a beautiful Wednesday, friends!

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. Hello Asha. I love the look with the edges all inked up like that. Looks like a Crystal mirror. So pretty! And your second card - that textured background is gorgeous! Another two fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK these have knocked my socks off! I reread how you did the first one because it looks like stained glass or tiles and it is awesome. The 2nd card is just fab especially how you fussy cut everything. I am not sure I can steal, I mean pay homage to your cards but I will try it this weekend. Have a Happy Easter even though Rosie is so ill-give her hugs and my thoughts are with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, ist diese Karte schön, bin ganz begeistert
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are Fantastic Asha. I really love the first card..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome indeed Asha!! So beautifully done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Asha both of these cards are absolutely beautiful those flowers and colours look fantastic I really like how you have done the first one in segments it looks awesome.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Asha so gorgeous huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha both are adorable and lovely coloring as always
    but the first card woooowww swoning speechless I dont know how to tell
    I loveeee it much
    I must try this technique....It really amazing look like DP then you cut it out but its in a piece of paper wooohooo
    I ADORE THIS POST
    hugs, Monika
    See you soon on my Blog my dear Asha..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so gorgeous. I love the orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and you know I love to see purple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Asha, two stunning cards and love love the background! WOW! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your second card is a beautiful and timeless design. But your second one has a big wow factor, love the result of your post it notes technique. It looks amazing, like really old tiles...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 beautiful cards as always. Hope you manage to relax and enjoy easter a little. Big hugs to you and Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both these cards are gorgeous Asha. I love the technique in the first one. AWESOME!!!
    So sorry that Rosie is still so poorly, you are in my prayers.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, your flowers look so stunning!! Love your technique and such gorgeous purple colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww... loved both ur cards they are awesome
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty cards Asha, Thanks for joining us @CSCC

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful cards :) so springy! Thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are gorgeous! Love the versatility! Thank you for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

    Amy- DT Inspiration Destination Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great creation. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining CSCC# 13. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both the cards are adorable asha. Thanks for joining CSCC# 13. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning! I love both cards.

    Thanks for playing at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.
    www.KraftinKimmieStamps.com

    We have challenges every Wednesday (anything goes) & Saturday (follow the theme), you can use any stamp you want...so come join the fun and win gift vouchers!
    www.KraftinKimmieStamps.blogspot.com

    Thanks again, Becky
    www.CardsByBecky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards Asha. Thanks for joining us at CSCC #13. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...