Friday, 6 March 2015

CASE-ing Christmas #10: Mynn

I guess it's time to welcome you to another round of  CASE-ing Christmas - a weekly challenge devoted to creating  holiday cards all year long. Today we're starting Challenge #10.

Here's how you play along. Each week you'll be given you a card to CASE and ... you CASE it! It's as easy as that. If you've never CASEd a card before, here's how you do it:
  • Look at the photo of the card to CASE; 
  • Be inspired by some elements of the card - the colours, layout, image, embellishments, etc 
  • Make a card based on that inspiration and link it up at CASE-ing Christmas Challenge Blog by Noon (Central) / 6pm (UK) on Thursday,  12th March 2015
And that's all there is to it. Our CASE card this week is this gorgeous creation by Mynn. Lots of ideas here and I can't wait to see how this project inspires you.

I pretty much stuck to Mynn's original card - colours, bauble, dots, stripes, sequins and white space. This is, after all, a CASE challenge and today that means COPY And STEAL EVERYTHING! And that's exactly what I did... 'cause my Mama taught me to do as I'm told! lol.

I'm using Waltzing Mouse stamps for my card. I embossed the background with the Swiss Dots folder and used Tim Holtz Sizzix Difusser to clear some space for my greeting. For some festive shine I added 3 sequins, just like Mynn! Talk about being original... NOT!



The bauble is heat embossed in gold. I don't have washi tape, so I cut out banner tails on bits and pieces of scrap paper and passed them off as washi tape! I am not happy with this card. Somehow it doesn't look or feel right. Maybe stealing isn't such a good idea after all! :)

Challenges:
Sister Act Challenge #96: AG
Jingle Belles: A Very Vibrant Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas: Dies & Punches - ornament die
Christmas Card Challenge #13: Winter Hues / AG Christmas
CHNC Extra March: AG Christmas
CHNC #218: Cut It Up
Completely Christmas #52: Twist - Add Texture

Products used in this project:



Now it's your turn to make a Christmas card by CASE-ing Mynn's creation. And if you played along last week, the Winners of Challenge #9 will be announced on Wednesday, 11th March 2015.

You'll find more ideas over at the DT's blogs: Mynn ... Donna ... Ellen ... Pat ... Steph.

Thanks for dropping by and Happy CASE-ing. I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Mynn's card. Have a lovely Friday, friends.

Beijinhos!


28 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, perfect CASE! Hope all well with you and yours. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the striped red frame ... so glad you joined us a jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the pop of colours behind the die cut! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, your dialogue is hilarious, Asha! I think this is beautiful, though! I LOVE the large bauble and the patterned papers you used! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great CASE of Mynn's card Asha. I love the added texture in the background and that beautifully embossed bauble.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fav Waltzingmouse stamps! Love this Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Asha! I love your card with the bold oranment on it! I laughed about your comment on "stealing." Your card is original and beautiful! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful Asha!! Really love that stunnin bauble!! Wonderful CASE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for both of my CHNC challenges and Completely Christmas - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! I love the golden embossing and the sentiment! Thank you so much for joining in the Sister Act card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and very festive Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bauble is awesome for this beautiful Christmas card .
    Thanks for sharing with Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing ! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fantastic version and take on Mynn's original card Asha.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really pretty-I like the gold embossing and using some extra pieces behind the card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Olá obrigada pelo comentário e por me seguir. Gosto sempre de conhecer pessoas do meu país que partilham o mesmo amor pelo papel.
    Abraço
    Maria Valente

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a fun and festive holiday card! so pleased you joined our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous, love it. I can't believe you don't like it, take it out in a few days and look at it again I bet you change your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally got round to visiting you and I am glad it was for this card! I love the mix of banners instead of washi tape (I don't have any either!) and that embossing is superb. Hope all is well with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Even though you have 'stolen' all the ideas and elements from Mynn's card it stille looks very different and very you:) unfortunately I don't think I'm going to make it this week, too much work, travels and family occasions...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful CASE Asha! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunningly gorgeous CASE project Asha. These colours are beautiful as are all the added beauties.xxx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful and so elegant looking. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully CASe ing Mynn card...your with that big christmas ornament so sweet...luv this

    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm late in commenting, but not in gazing and admiring! Your case of Mynn's card is gorgeous; you've drawn inspiration from her and infused it with your unique style! So pretty!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a fabulous Christmas card, great design.
    Thank you for joining us at CHNC Challenge Extra.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...