Friday, 20 March 2015

CASE-ing Christmas #12: Pat

Tell me it isn't true! Is it Friday already?! I guess it's time to welcome you to another lap of  CASE-ing Christmas - a weekly challenge devoted to the holiday season all year 'round. Today we're starting Challenge #12.

Here's how you play along. Each week you'll be given you a card to CASE and ... you CASE it! It's as easy as that. If you've never CASEd a card before, here's how you do it:
  • Look at the photo of the card to CASE; 
  • Be inspired by some elements of the card - the colours, layout, image, embellishments, etc 
  • Make a card based on that inspiration and link it up at CASE-ing Christmas Challenge Blog by Noon (Central) / 6pm (UK) on Thursday,  26th March 2015

And that's all there is to it. Our CASE card this week is this gorgeous creation by Pat. Lots of ideas here and I can't wait to see how this project inspires you.

This week's card posed a bit of a problem for me. I wanted to make a quick card. And (foolishly) I attempted a CAS. Should've known better! I did not like the look of it... not one bit. After cannibalising my disastrous first attempt and sending the remains to the recycling bin, I gave new life to the snow globe in this new and improved (?) version:
The papers are from Basic Grey's Life Of The Party 6x6 pad. The stamps are by Clearly Besotted. The little guy in the snow globe is supposed to be a snowman, but I stamped him on kraft CS and turned him into a teddybear. His accessories are paper-pieced from scraps. The sentiment is stamped directly onto the patterned paper with VersaFine Crimson Red.



To fill the snow globe, I first stamped little circles with VersaMagic Sea Breeze. That wasn't enough... so I threw in some TH Distress Glitter Rock Candy. Still looking empty, I added added little blobs of Baby Blue Liquid Pearls. Now do you believe me when I say I don't / can't do CAS?!

Challenges:
Brown Sugar #138: AG
Winter Wonderland: Warm Winter Wishes (hat and scarf)
Holly Jolly Christmas: Stitching - Real or Faux
Crafty Ribbons: AG With Ribbon
Inspiration Destination #25: AG
Little Red Wagon #281: All Tied Up
Wonderful Wednesday #18: AG


Products used to make this project:




Now it's your turn to make a Christmas card by CASE-ing Pat's creation. And if you played along last week, the Winners of Challenge #11 will be announced on Wednesday, 25th March 2015.

You'll find more ideas over at the DT's blogs: Mynn ... Donna ... Ellen ... Pat ... Steph.

Thanks for dropping by and Happy CASE-ing. I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Pat's card. Have a lovely day, friends.

Beijinhos!

25 comments:

  1. What a fab CASE Asha. I think he rather looks like a gingerbread man. Love the texture you have achieved in the snow globe and what a brave woman...stamping direct to paper, I always mess up spectacularly so don't bother!! A brilliant card!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I really love the sweet banner print behind the cute snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome CASE Asha, so cute.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha! How nice to see you at Kraftin' Kimmie this week for Wonderful Wednesday. You know how I LOVE non-traditional colored Christmas cards and this one is just adorable!!! Great job on the CASE. Thanks for joining us at KK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable Asha!! Love your paper sentiment and such a cute fellow too! :) Well done on your CASE my friend! !HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Asha! He is such a cutie. So are you going to enter the Time Out CAS challenge that is on at the moment?? Go on, give it a go, let's see a Asha CAS card. And by the way my card for Fusion did take a lot more than 5 mind but less than an hour!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable. I think it was a good thing you stuk with this challenge, as your finished result is lovely! That banner paper is so nice too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable. I think it was a good thing you stuk with this challenge, as your finished result is lovely! That banner paper is so nice too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. H Asha, brilliant card, lovely image and colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha, this is TOTALLY DARLING! I LOVE the fun snow globe image and the patterned paper is super cute! What a fabulous CASE--spot on! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cuteeee
    Cute Image
    cute Banner
    and cute all..
    Love it Asha you made really a cute christmas card
    I never hehehe I must try one day
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo cute! Darling bear and I like the banner too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Love the snow globe! I think CAS is over-rated sometimes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the style of the sentiment. And what a sweet snowglobe image and fun paper with banners! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes you can do a case and I love the snowbear! It is a perfect card:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute Christmas card. I love all those banners with the scalloped edges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Hope we see you again a next challenge.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have no idea how the first one looked, Asha, but this one is adorable! I struggle with CAS, too, but I keep practising and trying and I'm now to the point where I like most of the ones I do. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear you on the CAS. I have been known to scrap or rework a card when I am not happy. This card turned out lovely. Thanks for playing along with our All Tie Up challenge at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Asha!
    Laura (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful creation..thanks for joining in with our ATG Challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely card . Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your card, Asha. The little snowman/teddy in his snowglobe looks very happy.

    Thank you for entering our 'Warm Winter Wishes' challenge at Winter Wonderland, and we hope you will join us again.

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...