Friday, 13 February 2015

Polka Doodles #7: All Things Kraft

Can you believe it's time for a brand new show and tell over at Polka Doodles! The theme for the nest fortnight is "All Things Kraft". And that means go crazy with kraft.

I'll be honest, this week's challenge crept up on me without warning. But that's nothing new. If it's not a blog challenge, it's somebody's birthday. I'm always caught unawares. A card is never at hand when I need it.

Enter the DESIGN SHEET.  It makes light work of last minute cards. On one sheet you have all you need to create a card. I picked this Design Sheet from the Winston Deluxe Papercrafting CD and made a cute little masculine card. There are several designs to choose from.

In keeping with the challenge theme, I used kraft cardstock and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

To finish, I tied bits of twine from my stash, added foam tape to give the little guy some dimension and my card is done  - all in under an hour, which is a fraction of the time I usually spend on my projects.

Here's a close up of the image. Isn't he adorable?! I just LOVE these design sheets. All you really need are a good pair of scissors, some glue and you're good to go.


Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: All Creatures Great And Small
Creative Moments #61: AG / Love
Cuttin' & Stampin' #6: Masculine
Everyday Art Challenge: Bakers' Twine
FanTastic Tuesday #72: AG + Optional Baker's Twine
Sister Act Card Challenge #93: AG


Products used to make this card:



Now it's over to you, my friends. Create any project - card, tag, lay-out, box, bag, etc. You have until Noon (UK Time) on Friday, 27 February 2015, to link up your entries over at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Polka Doodles products to enter, but if you have it, by all means, flaunt it! One randomly selected winner will receive a £10 Gift Voucher to the Polka Doodles Digi Download Store. The Top 3 Design Team favourites will a £2 Gift Voucher each.

What better excuse to head straight to your craft room! Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see your projects. Have a warm and sunny crafty weekend, friends.

Beijinhos!



33 comments:

  1. Love this male card and Winston is adorable.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie & isnt it good to make quick cards too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely card! the sepia coloring is so adorable.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito
    Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Asha ,fabulous card
    Hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic male creation. He is so adorable. Hope Rosie is better today. Give her a gentle hug from me.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card - those design sheets are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so cute, I love the colours too, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Wednesdays challenge this time, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card!! Really love that sweet teddy bear and a great masculine design for a fisherman!! :) Happy Valentine's Day and a lovely weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now he is a cutie and love the layout. I have a confession to make-When I first came across the word Kraft, I had no idea it was a colour-lol I thought it was some German word slang for a craft item or something. Yup I am showing my true blond

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulois design, love the gone fishing sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Asha, fab image and colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card Asha, I like everything about it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly created a darling card with that design sheet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so well put together, Asha! Love how you tied the pieces of twine, a great detail. Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so cute-love using kraft on cards and its perfect as a masculine card-great design sheet you used

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out so wonderful - love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Fantastic Asha. I love the image and design..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha this is FANTASTIC love the colour , layout everything , xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great make & I am also a fan of the Design Sheet, takes the pressure off when you need a quick make but also a fab card!! Y x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card, love the bear image.
    Thank you for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very cute. What an adorable little bear. I love layered cards and you have just added the right amount of dimension to this one.

    Will get some pictures up after the painters come in. I am trying to book them for the third week of March as we have to allow the builder time to finish the doorway that will separate my craft room from the guest suite. We have a guest at the moment...he moved with us and stays till the end of Feb. That gives us most of March to sort out the decorating etc, as the new fellow arrives March 30th...Whew!

    Might be able to show some photosof the craft room soon though. Just have to take them on the weekends when my fellow goes home to Vancouver Island to be with his family. Just have to hang the pictures in there first!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is very cute. What an adorable little bear. I love layered cards and you have just added the right amount of dimension to this one.

    Will get some pictures up after the painters come in. I am trying to book them for the third week of March as we have to allow the builder time to finish the doorway that will separate my craft room from the guest suite. We have a guest at the moment...he moved with us and stays till the end of Feb. That gives us most of March to sort out the decorating etc, as the new fellow arrives March 30th...Whew!

    Might be able to show some photosof the craft room soon though. Just have to take them on the weekends when my fellow goes home to Vancouver Island to be with his family. Just have to hang the pictures in there first!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable card! Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Your coloring on this is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining the All Creatures Great and Small challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. adorable image, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. tooo cuutee Image dear Asha
    I love again your coloring
    and all that tiny twine is so sweeeet add
    lovely all embelishment and the color combo is wonderful
    SWEET AND ADORABLE card Asha
    I want this
    LOL
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful blue and brown combo, Asha! Love the little bear, and your design really showcases him. :-D I'll be back a bit later to check out all the other posts I missed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love what you've done with this card, the layout is great.

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful Masculine card Asha, love the cute image and pretty layout. Hugs Anet x.

    ReplyDelete
  30. what an absolutely lovely card, love all the layers and the bear is oh so cute. thanks for sharing in the Cuttin' & Stampin' challenge
    Cathy Dt

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...