Friday, 20 February 2015

CASE-ing Christmas #8: Cohenna

Tell me it isn't true! Is it Friday already?! I guess it's time to welcome you to another lap of  CASE-ing Christmas - a weekly challenge devoted to the holiday season all year 'round. Today we're starting Challenge #8.

Here's how you play along. Each week you'll be given you a card to CASE and ... you CASE it! It's as easy as that. If you've never CASEd a card before, here's how you do it:
  • Look at the photo of the card to CASE; 
  • Be inspired by some elements of the card - the colours, layout, image, embellishments, etc 
  • Make a card based on that inspiration and link it up at CASE-ing Christmas Challenge Blog by Noon (Central) / 6pm (UK) on Thursday,  26th February 2015
And that's all there is to it. Our CASE card this week is this gorgeous creation by Cohenna. Lots of ideas here and I can't wait to see how this project inspires you.

When I first saw Cohenna's card, I just couldn't shake that stocking out of my head. I really did not want to copy... but that is exactly what I did. The only touch of originality is that my stocking is facing the other way! I'm not entirely happy with my card. CAS still eludes me...

I used a die from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Holiday Cheer set (S4-225) and some bits of felt from way back when to cut the stocking, XCut embossing folder for the background, a scrap piece of paper I fished out from under my craft table and some ribbon I ripped off Richard Parker (much to his dismay!) The greeting is by Clearly Besotted, heat embossed in white.



Here's a close-up. As it's a Christmas project, a little sparkle is mandatory! The felt stocking is popped up on some foam tape. I added a little Tim Holtz Bundled Sage to the embossed background to show the design.


Challenges:
Sister Act Challenge #94: AG
ABC Christmas: D Is For Die-Cuts
Christmas Card Challenge #11: Inspiration Photo / AG Christmas
CHNC #216: Love / Hearts / Red - just red :)
Word Art Wednesday #171: AG Uplifting 
C.R.A.F.T. #299: CAS
CHNC Extra February: AG Christmas
Crafting For All Seasons #96: Dies / Punches


Products used to create this card:



Now it's your turn to make a Christmas card by CASE-ing Ellen's creation. And if you played along last week, the Winners of Challenge #7 will be announced on Wednesday, 25th February 2015.

You'll find more ideas over at the DT's blogs: Mynn ... Donna ... Ellen ... Pat ... Steph.

Thanks for dropping by and Happy CASE-ing. I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Cohenna's card. Have a lovely day, friends.

Beijinhos!

33 comments:

  1. Oh, Asha, das sind ja niedliche Weihnachtskarten.
    Ich liebe diese süßen roten Strümpfe, wunderschön.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great case, beautiful stocking and love the background with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CASE-ing card Asha. There is enough subtle difference for it not to be an exact copy.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job with the CASE Asha!! I just love the soft fabric feel of your entire design here!! Happy weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant CASE Asha. Love the stocking and of course it would be just rude to exclude a bit of sparkle!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so great (I am using my inner Tony the Tiger). I love the stocking you made with the needed glitter:) The background is perfectly coloured and shows things just right. Richard Parker can have another ribbon (until you need that too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your card, Asha! The padded look of the panel from which the stocking is hanging, the sentiment on the banner, slightly raised in places, the traditional colors.... I love all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE the big splash of red from the stocking, Asha! The embossed background is wonderful. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha! Love your embossed background and your die cut felt stocking with added sparkle looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a classy creation. Felt stocking look beautiful with the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Asha!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliantly made creation and love the image and goodies added. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge of Dies and or Punches at Crafting For All Season this time.
    Hope to see you in our next challenge. Cheers, aNNie
    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute card. Love the felt stocking. Thanks so much for joining us at Christams Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh love that felt stocking hon, what a great card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, this is DARLING!!! LOVE the felt pieced stocking and I adore the ribbons up top! The texture and dimension are brilliant, too! This is SO pretty! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your CASE of the original design. I would never thought of using felt to create a focal point on a card either. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful take on Cohenna's card. I love that adorable stocking. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun Christmas card! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your take on the inspiration card-your felt stocking looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and the embossing is so Beautiful Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Christmas card Asha, love the pretty stocking. Hugs Anet x.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for playing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges this week!
    It's great to see you here too!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cohena card is lovely
    and your is more simple
    woooww I love that color combo
    and nice sentiment in green paper
    lovely christmas card Asha
    dear Asha I join too the tuesday throwdown using metal
    hope you like to see it on my blog
    big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Asha! Love that plaid ribbon with the sheer over it! Gorgeous embossed background too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful! Love that fabulous embossing and your wonderful stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great take on the original. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Asha, your sweet comment on my blog brought me here to thank you (THANK YOU!) and WOW, WOW, WOW! I've discovered a treasure of creativity, talent and dazzling delights here! Your card is a wonderful translation of the inspiration; infused with your special touches. So very pretty! I read about your 'animals' - sounds like a home filled with plenty of cuddles and love! Years ago, I owned two miniature schnauzers (miss them every day!) who are waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge (brings tears to my eyes when I think of it...) I'll certainly be a return visitor to your blog!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the stocking and embossing. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons for our Dies and/or Punches challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...