Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Magic Mushrooms!

Helloo my friends! On this cold, wet and dark evening, allow me to share this warm card I made for my friend's birthday. I didn't stamp the greeting in front because she likes to frame her cards. And for a fun twist, I stamped a flying bat instead a bird. A little nod to Halloween! :)


I've used several stamps by Chocolate Baroque, TH Distress Inks and Graph'It markers. Here's how I created the card-front:

1. Punch a little circle to make a mask for the moon / sun. Blend the following TH Distress Ink for the sky: Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed.  For the ground, blend these inks: Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage and Old Paper. Peel off the mask.

2. Stamp the mushrooms from Chocolate Baroque's new Autumn Edges A5 sheet onto bleed-free card and colour with alcohol markers. I used Graph'It markers: Powder, Silk, Princess Rose, Azalea, Fuchsia, Cranberry, Cherry, Burgundy, Pink Grey 3,  4, Warm Grey 0, 2, 4, Neutral Grey 0, 1, 2, Olive, Military, Anise. Fussy cut

3. Stamp the grassy image from Chocolate Baroque's Wild Meadow A4 sheet with Versafine Black Onyx on the prepared background. Stamp the bat from Witching Time A5 sheet with Versafine Black Onyx on the moon / sun.

4. Adhere the fussy cut row of mushrooms on the card.

5. Matt on red cardstock and adhere to card base. As easy as that!

Let's take a closer look at the image:

And on the inside I stamped a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque's Birthday Words
A5 sheet:


These are the Chocolate Baroque stamps I used:


And finally, a few challenges for the mushrooms:

Everybody Art Challenge #301: Circle on the Card - moon / sun
Party Time Tuesday #190: AG
{PIN}spirational Challenge #128: Photo Inspiration
Word Art Wednesday #159: AG Inspirational
Addicted To Stamps #122: Make Your Mark
Loves Rubber Stamps #127: Things With Wings
Crafter's Café #91: AG
Wonderful Wednesday #19: AG

That's all from me today. Swing by the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog
for more gorgeous projects. Thank you for stopping by and I'll see y'all soon with a festive make. Until then, stay warm... and dry!

Beijinhos

28 comments:

  1. I love your card - funky coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for joining us for our Word Art Challenge this week. We are always so grateful to have someone with your talents showcase projects for our challenges. Thank you for joining us...we appreciate you so much.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I adore the colors you chose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your totally cool card Asha!! The background is really pretty and the bat tooo fun! Love the pretty mushrooms, a delightful card for your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous compilation and such a great scene! For some reason, it just reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Asha this is fantastic those mushrooms and the background look awesome a really superb creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card Asha, love the mushrooms and that fabulous sky looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this really is a warming card with gorgeous colours-this will be framed x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours on your card Asha and that mushroom stamp is one for my wish list, it's so gorgeous. Love the inking and colouring.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Asha this is so beautiful, really awesome. Your friend will enjoy looking at this for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I Love this card and your beautiful colors Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've made a really stunning scene here Asha!! I love the coloring and I'm sure your friend will love it! You're so creative! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you taste the Mushrooms and play Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds:) I love this card! It is so colourful with the mushrooms and the background and then...the bat! I love the bat flying as this can happen more than we realize. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Love the scene you have created. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  15. my dear Friend Asha it is a Halloween card? Cause I see a bat fly there...just currious...
    But I love the scene you made the moon the mushrooms..all are adorable together...
    Beautiful scene my friend...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring and stunning design, Asha! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card! Your coloring and blending is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card - gorgeous colours and love those mushrooms and the little bat :-) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful creation, love the bright colors you've used, a little piece of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful scene, Love the gorgeous inking :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Asha! I haven't chatted with you in SO long, and I really hope that all is well for you. Your card is super fun, and I always SO appreciate having you play along in our challenges. Thanks for joining us, and please stop by again soon. Keep in touch.
    Blessings,Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great scenery card! Glad you could join our wings challenge at Loves Rubberstamps.
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous Asha , hope your having a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, you know I love this one because of all the purple. :-D Aside from that, your background and your coloring of the mushrooms are fantastic! WOW, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous scene, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great creation - I like it. Thanks for joining EAC
    Hugs
    Andrea-Emmi41

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...