Thursday, 13 November 2014

Chocolate Baroque: Follow Your Passion

Hello, my friends. I want to share with you a card that I made using Chocolate Baroque's new November release stamps. You can see the original post over at the Design Team Blog. Here I want to tell you about the products and tools used in creating this card.

This stamp of three trees in three seasons is from the brand new Autumn Edges A5 sheet, which is perfect for the reflection technique.




Here's what I did:

1. Stamp the trees using VersaMark and heat set with Stampendous Fine Detail Black EP.

2. Ink the tree stamp again, this time with *VersaFine Smokey Grey. Using a stamp-positioner, stamp onto the imaging sheet. The imaging sheet is now a "stamp" with the reflection of the original stamp. Quickly match up the tree bases on inked surface of the imaging sheet to the stamp tree bases on the card and press down firmly. Work fast before the ink dries on the imaging sheet so that you get a good clear reflection. Heat set. To avoid messy smudging, use water-proof ink (such as VersaFine) because the background will be created with water-based Distressed Inks.

(* Late Edit: I received several emails regarding my choice of VersaFine Smokey Grey for the reflection. Here's why:  I wanted the reflection to be just a little lighter than the trees. As seen in the water it should be just a touch "weaker" than the trees on the ground. It made sense to me at the time. What do you think?)

3. I wanted to keep this card light and went for pales shades for the sky with TH Distress Inks: Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick and a hint of Dusty Concord at the corners. Apply little dots of White Opal Liquid Pearls on the sky.

4. For the river bank I used TH Antique Linen, Crushed Olive and a touch of Peeled Paint. For subtle shimmer I traced a very thin line of Gold Liquid Pearls to create the water margin.

5. For the water I blended TH Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean very very lightly. I traced a thin broken line of Baby Blue Liquid Pearls close to the water margin and similar littles lines with Opal White Liquid Pearls to create movement in the water.

6. The sentiment is from Butterfly Dreams A4 sheet, stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue.


Here's a close-up of the image. Hopefully you can see some of the details. There's lots of shimmer and texture in real life which don't come through in the photo. But it's really pretty.

A few challenges for this card:

Addicted To Stamps #121: AG
Inspiration Destination #7: AG
Wonderful Wednesday: AG
Word Art Wednesday #158: AG Inspirational
Crafter's Café #90: Friendship

I hope you give it a go because it's one of those cards that you can dress up or down to good effect. It's a simple card, although it looks "complicated"... and you should know by now I don't do complicated ... not so close to Christmas anyways!

Thanks for stopping by on this cold and wet day. I hope the sun is shining where you are. See ya tomorrow!

Beijinhos


25 comments:

  1. Love the mirror image stamping Asha. This card is fabulous and thanks for sharing your process. :) Have a wonderful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I Love your reflection card and stamp set Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out amazing Asha!! I haven't done this technique in years and have thought about doing it on one of my Christmas cards this year. I love how it looks like water reflection!! So pretty and well done my friend! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Asha, very clever reflection in the water. Spot on stamping sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! I'll have to try this technique! Thanks for sharing your fabulous project and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mirror effect and glad you explained how you did it-really well done and you matched it up so well. it is snowing here (just a little snow). How is ms. Rosie? i hope she is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous technique Asha, makes a lovely card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Asha and looks really impressive!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super stamping! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Asha just love the technique you have done thank you for joining us at Inspiration Destination this week
    Hugs Dianne x DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card, so glad you gave a tutorial so I can try this! It is so stunning and I like the saying with it too. Take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning!! You are such a beautiful card artist! wowie : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card! I love the three trees and how you colored them! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for following! I am now a follower of yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card Asha it is beautiful, the trees shapes and light touches of color you really combined to make a wonderful scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and love the wonderful scene with the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Asha, what a gorgeous card and thanks for the instructions too as I've just ordered this stamp set. Your colours and design are fabulous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining the gallery at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. The shadow is always lighter than the original. I thought it looed perfect. This is an absolutely wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your lovely paper crafting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  19. ouch I adore the reflection this is totally lovely scene Asha...adorable stamp set too and I love the color combo..cute scene first it has much leafs then leafs fallen down and then no leafs..it is 4 season in Europa and America. in my country its only sunshine and rainy day no 4 season LOL...Adorable card my friend I want this may I....or it is already sent to someone dear...big hugs and happy sunday...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the reflection stamping! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a stunner, Asha!! I LOVE how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful & wonderful idea and lush tree stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, LOVE the reflections and so appreciate your explanation of how to do it. The card is gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful :) love the fab design and the shadow of the trees, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...