Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Thistle Calm

Good morning, friends. A quick post with a little crafty inspiration for you.  I'm drawn to strong and opposing colours these days and here you see me dabbling in green and purple. Love this vibrant and vivid combo - so perfect for summer and for these brand new stamps by Chocolate Baroque called Thistle Butterfly and Honeysuckle Butterfly sets.

I blended the background in three shades of green Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage and Moved Lawn. I did not want to over embellish the card, so I'm keeping it fairly CAS - allowing the thistle to soak up the attention. The greeting is from Birthday Words, heat embossed in white.

I fussy cut the butterflies, added some blind and finished it off
with a little sheer bow. 

I used Graph'It and Promarkers to colour.
Thistle: PM Moss, Olive, Pear Green, Violet, Lilac, Lavander
Butterfly: GI 2120, 2140, 2130 

Continuing the theme inside too.

Thank you for stopping by today. Must dash - got a gazillion things to do.... and not many hours left today. Have a productive day, my friends!

Beijinhos!

19 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, such fantastic colouring and layout. Hope you have got your list of things done.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is absolutely stunning Asha!! Love the butterflies with the fancy cutting!! Just wanted to pop in to say hello as I get settled into my blog again!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Asha this is so beautiful love that image of the Thistle and those amazing butterflies a truly wonderful creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is perfect Asha!! I love it! ; )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the thistle image -- wonderful card. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the green and purple are striking together Asha and that blending of greens is really good, I thought it was DSP! Hope all is well with youxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combo! I like the sponging and the butterflies set off the thistle wonderfully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and I just love those stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful!


    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and image Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, love the stamps, colour combination and those beautiful butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha, this is absolutely gorgeous. You should frame this and keep it in your creating space. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Utterly magnificent, Asha! Love your coloring, especially on the thistles. Those can be so difficult to color. Marvelous design. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure know how to create beauties with your inks! I'm a DP addict, but I love what you're able to produce without the use of patterned papers. The green bg looks beautiful with the purple of the thistles.
    Ps: I'm giving away 2 issues of Cardmaking & Papercraft and the freebies that came with them to a lucky random winner. If you're not already a subscriber yourself you should head over to my blog for a closer look:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your colouring and the images you chose are very beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays.
    Hugs, Maja DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous! I love the bright colors, and this has just the right amount of embellishing. Who knew thistles could look so good! Thanks for playing along with the Eureka challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and the bow is a perfect added touch.thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Dee Bowz!! be sure to join us for next months challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such perfect ink blending! I love how it looks as though the thistle panel is glowing :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...