Saturday, 23 August 2014

Happy Birthday, Nonni!

Hello, friends! Here's my 2nd post for the day. This time I want to show you a card featuring one of Chocolate Baroque's August release stamp: Honeysuckle Butterfly

I made this card for Nonni's Birthday Linky Party organised by another sweet stamper and CAS Queen Sandie of London Days. Nonni is a talented crafter and you should take a peek at her blog Korttikarkuri - Runaway Cards... inspiration guaranteed! Her birthday was yesterday.... and well, I'm being fashionably late. Happy Birthday, Nonni! I hope you had a beautiful day yesterday.

************
About this card:

I started by heat embossing the butterfly from the Honeysuckle Butterfly A5 sheet using Stampendous! Detail White EP. Next I inked the background, blending Tim Holtz Distress Inks in three shades of yellow: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey. Over the embossed butterflies, I dabbed a little Ripe Persimmon to make them pop. Then I carefully stitched down a layer of vellum. This softens the background and gives it depth too.

For the foreground, I stamped the daisies from the Honeysuckle Butterfly sheet with Memento Tuxedo Black onto a piece of bleed-free 300 gsm white CS. I coloured the flowers with Graph'It markers (Citrine, Lemon, Banana, Mimosa and Blender) and applied Promarkers on the leaves and stalk (Pine, Forrest Green and Leaf Green). Then I fussy cut the image and adhered it over the vellum. The sentiment is from Birthday Words.



I also stamped a couple of butterflies from the same A5 set onto vellum with Brilliance Graphite Black pigment ink and added some blue (Promarkers Royal Blue, Azure and Sky Blue) on the reverse side and fussy cut those too. Applying colour on the reverse softens the look and you don't have to worry about smudging the stamped image.


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Birthday Words and let lose another butterfly from the Honeysuckle Butterfly sheet.

Thank you for stopping by today and I'll se you tomorrow! I'm off to have a cupcake ... or two to help Nonni celebrate. (The things we endure in the name of friendship! LOL!) 

Beijinhos!



24 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card, Asha. The flowers and butterflies are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Asha!! Love the butterflies in the background such a soft look! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Asha, I love the floral image and your colours, beautiful colouring, the butterfly is lovely, and I do like the inside of your card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful...I will have to try this. I love it! The butterflies pop and the blue ones set everything off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Asha, love the gorgeous colour scheme. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! A beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely! The background is superb...really like the way you added the pinky/reddish colour to the butterflies.

    The flower spray and the velumm butterflies are beautiful and as always the inside of your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous Asha, you are so good at blending with distress inks and the different tones of butterfly in this are wonderful. thanks for joining Nonni's party x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this is just stunning!! What a fab idea to adhere that vellum panel on top of your background and your fuzzy cutting is superb -that's a very detailed image!! Thank you so much for joining my birthday party at Sandie's!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome sweetie. A real stunner. Beautiful colours and layout.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular, Asha! Love the background with the embossed butterflies. I'm willing to have cupcakes with you just to celebrate for Nonni's birthday. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beauty of a card. Love the softer shades on it too. I love how you always tie the inside to the outside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I love how you did the background and sewed the vellum over it. The daisies and butterfly are so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love how you blended the background and your butterflies just pop right off the screen. Thank you for submitting this card to Vandicraft's Artistry Challenge: Just Ink!
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a card! The stamping is just so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your fine talent with us at WAW. Happy hugs and sweet smiles from Carole,
    God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and butterflies Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow love this Asha it's fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card!!! FABULOUS stamping!! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
    Drea ~ DT Host Inspirational #134

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Card! Nice tutorial on how you did it too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, this is just stunning!! Great card and I am sure she was thrilled with her Birthday Linky party! Glad you shared your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Only a true friend makes the sacrifice of eating cupcakes :) This is beautiful - love the inking & the tip about doing it on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 43 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love the butterfly in white it looks so sooofft on your lovely card and the butterfly in blue and black looks like she want to fly..and the flower you colored soo lovely...I ADORE this Asha.hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...