Monday, 17 March 2014

Baby girl on the way!

Settle down, my friends! She's not mine! LOL. I made this card in a hurry because the mother has gone into labour quite unexpectedly. She's 2 weeks early and caught me completely off guard just as I was settling into a fortnight of procrastination.

And speaking of taking it easy, it seems I had forgotten to make a card for the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge. Fortunately, our coven leader Elaine is a kind soul of supreme patience.  The themes for the next 3 weeks are "Wings" if you choose to play Pink or "Flowers & Butterflies" if you choose to play Purple. OR why not play both and double your chance of winning.

Enough waffle, let's get the card up before the baby arrives. Here's my hurried concoction:


The stork and greeting are from Clearly Besotted's Special Delivery set. I cut a scalloped edge
using the Scalloped Edge Die Collection on a piece of dusky pink CS and embossed it with

The Argyle border is from the Background Builder III, stamped with VersaMagic Pixie Dust.
I stamped the greeting with VersaFine Smokey Grey and cut it out with a die from the
Tag Along Die Collection. To finish some pink Doodlebug twine.


 I coloured the stork with Promarkers, stamped the bundle with VersaMagic
Pixie Dust and cut it all out with the Special Delivery Die Collection.
To finish: one pink bling. 

I'm sticking with the the grey and pink combo... it tones down the
pink, which isn't on my list of fave colours!

Some challenges:

Mojo Monday #337: Sketch
The Shabby Tea Room #210: AG
Clearly Besotted Challenge #9: In Flight
My Besties #14: Congratulations
All Sorts #250: Pretty In Pink
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge #20: Emboss It
Creative Corner: A Little Birdie


Now it's your turn to create and link up your labour of love over at the Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog. Remember, we have 2 concurrent challenges: "Wings" for the Pink Team and "Flowers & Butterflies" for the Purple Team. This challenge will run for 3 weeks and you have until 11:59pm GMT on April 5.

Thanks for stopping by today and wish you all a fun day of crafting.

Beijinhos!


30 comments:

  1. Love this card Asha and the "argyle" elements go perfectly together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very precious Asha!! I love the repeated argyle design!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable, Asha!!! The recipient of this card will just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute! Doesn't look rushed, looks great! Love the stork stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this is gorgeous Asha its so cute huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darling, love that little polka dot diaper bag Mr. Stork is winging along. You named some dies I didn't know existed!!! The embossed pattern looks like baby sox to me, and your even stitching, so wonderful as trim along with the pink & white twine. This Baby Girl is getting a wonderful welcome. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I've recently discovered clearly besotted & I am hooked x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable baby card Asha, I love the touches of grey to compliment the pink. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card for a lovely baby girl! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card. Dusky pink embossed pattern looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I just love this! I think I have a soft spot for baby cards, lol. I really love the sewn edge you put around your embossed layer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, Asha, and if you hadn't 'fessed up, we would never have known you did it quickly. It's a perfect new baby card. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply adorable!! Your friend is blessed to have your love and prayers! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card-perfect for the new arrival :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did think you mean you at first!! Love this image and the bright yellow really pops. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab design, thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, I do hope you will come back and join us again next week....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Asha I like the sweet image, the embossing and twine.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sweeet Asha...I need baby girl card too..may I have your one hihi LOL thats a joke..this is really adorable..nice embossing paper too

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Asha and doesn't look at all a rushed creation. Awesome and pretty I would say. Congrats to the new Mum and Dad.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and I love the stork! Your embossed and stitched background is perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is adorable Asha, I love the cute stork and pretty embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is soooo adorable Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sweet and lovely card for baby girl.
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  24. great card with lovely details but not too overloaded

    thanks for taking part at CREATIVE CORNER CHALLENGES and good luck on winning our prize.

    Love Melxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card :) thanks for joining us at tstr challenge
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely darling!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 20: embossing - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another amazing card, Asha! The matching pattern on the inside looks lovely too :) x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...