Friday, 17 January 2014

Going Green

Friday at last, my friends, and what a week it has been! I'm really looking forward to a lazy weekend.... and some good weather. But I'll settle for a relaxing weekend. Here's a green birthday card I made for my friend. She works for our local recycling agency. You think she'll approve?  ;-)

Dabbling in CAS again. For the background I used Clearly Besotted's Leafy Accents and Versacolor Sage.  The central panel I used CB's Geometric Style and Versacolor Tropical Green and Bamboo. 

The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments stamped with Memento Northern Pine. To finish, some sheer green ribbon and  3 green bling.

I liked the background stamping in the front and decided to take it inside too.

You'll find this card at these challenges:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #232: Sketch + Monochromatic Twist - greens
Make It Monday 174: AG
WMS Fanatics #9: Fabric - ribbon
Milk & Coffee: Monochromatic - greens
Scrapbooker PhD #6: Use Stamps (at least 2)
Sieze The Birthday: Colouring (optional)
Brown Sugar Challenge #77: AG
Sister Act Challenge #40: AG

Thanks for stopping by today. The weather here is abysmal. It's cold and there is ice everywhere. Throw an extra log in the fire and hang on to your hot water bottle. That's what I plan to do. See you tomorrow with some exciting news...(well, it's exciting for me!)

Beijinhos!

23 comments:

  1. what a lovely card and stitching on your card thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Asha! I love the soothing shades of green! Wonderful design! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your friend will love it, such a gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's going to love it Asha!! I love green, especially with pink!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your background Asha - a perfect green card for the environmentalist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will approve!! How sweet : )
    I love the soft leaves on the inside of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous,love the design and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Asha, do love the colour with your design..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic creation sweetie. I am sure friend will love this gorgeous creation.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friend will love her 'green' card!! I love how you stamped on the inside!!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. I love that you were inspired by her job. That's why I love paper crafting. Love the background so much.
    Thanks for joining ScrapbookerPhD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the greens and I thought it was DSP, so fab stamping. Asha, take a peek at my blog, Nonni and I have started a new challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all shades of green and your card is just so beautiful. I love the geometric squares, and the sheer ribbon. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics this week! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to hear what the exciting news is!
    I LOVE the backgrounds - this looks like anything but CAS to be so precise! It's stunning :) Love the ribbon banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, you did go green, i can't wait for spring now! Thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card for our fabric challenge - I like the quilted background which fits the theme too even though its paper ;-)
    Thanks for joining the Fanatics
    Tara
    Waltzingmouse Fanatics

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think your "green" friend will love it...great background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think she will definitely approve! Love the CAS look. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Sheena B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really wonderful card...really love the background! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is very pretty b-day card! Love the green colors.
    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the tiled background you have created on this card! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee ! Good luck!

    Hugs!
    Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...