Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Tuesday Throwdown #173: Gratitude

Here we are, my friends! Time for another Tuesday Throwdown challenge.  This week, being so close to Thanksgiving and all, our theme is Gratitude. Our sponsor is none other than Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and they have the cutest stamps - clear and digi - for all occassions. Well worth a nose around their one-line store.

I'm a glass half full kinda gal, and so no matter how bad things get I always remind myself it could be worse. And that is reason enough to be thankful.

For example, we were hit by a nasty case of food poisoning over the weekend. And I still don't feel 100% ok but I am thankful that the culprit was sushi. It could have been worse...  it could have been chocolate! So yeah! As I unwrap another Ferrero Roche, I am filled with gratitude. :-)

Here's a card I made with one person in mind. Someone I am blessed to have in my life. Someone I am eternally grateful to call my sister.

The background paper is from First Edition's New Leaf 8x8 pad. The digi image and sentiments are by Sweet and Sassy called "One of a Kind"

Here's a close up of the image. I coloured it with Graph It and Promarkers. (Is it me or does that birdy in the middle look stunned?) 

A little peek on the inside...plenty of room for me to get mushy, which is so NOT  my sister's style! Hahaha!

Why don't you join me at these challenges:

Make it Monday #166 "Anything Goes"
Word Art Wednesday #105 "Anything Goes" - uplifting sentiment
Digi Makeover Challenge #114 "Stitching" - on background paper
Craft Deebowz November "Anything Goes w/ Handmade Bow"
Digi Sketch "All For Animals" - birds
Kaboodle Doodles #197 "Bountiful Harvest / Blessings" - blessings
Parade Your Crafts #8 "Grateful"

That's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to seeing your projects over at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog. Happy crafting, y'all!

Beijinhos!



34 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card love the sentiment. Thank you for joining in with us at digi sketch and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Asha, I like the sweet birds and the sentiment.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW!! This is precious!! Really loving that sentiment Asha and the papers are perfect with those birdies! Have a fabulous day my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love it inside and out from your background paper to the green ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps with stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and love how you carried it into the inside. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, I LOVE that image Asha its so cute your sister will love it:) lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card Asha.
    Love the sentiment.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable sweetie.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh SO pretty and I LOVE the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO cute. Thanks so very much for sharing it with us in our challenge. I have my card for tomorrow's post all ready to link up at TOF, too. I love seeing your sweet cards, and love that you share them with us. Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card,lovely image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Asha! I love the sweet image you used! Sorry you had food poisoning! Sushi can be a culprit, for sure, but I'd never give it up! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet Asha, love the image. Hope you're feeling much better now. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL - love the birdy in the middle stunned an all :-) Fabulous card and love that sweet image and great sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Asha! I love the way you used the image, really make it very sweet! You make me laugh Asha, hope you are feeling 100% :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that image, Asha, and your coloring is marvelous. You certainly made that little blue bird stand out. :-D Wonderful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this a lot! Love the image, your lay-out and the very true sentiment. We are truly made by God with a specific purpose and therefore very unique. Thanks for blessing us with a great project at Word Art Wednesday this week. Big hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and stunning and great sentiment. At the moment a lot of people are saying similar to that to me, going through a bit of trauma with my son, so God has me hear for a reason...question is What??? xxxxx

    Have you put your name down for my die candy, please do if you don't have it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Asha, your Sister will love this. Love how you coloured the stunned bid in blue x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is so pretty Asha~and yes, so thankful it was the sushi! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card with those sweet birds and gorgeous coloring! Fabulous sentiments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you are feeling better and that it wasn't chocolate. ;) What a wonderful card and sentiment. I love this happy card Asha! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your posts always make me smile!! Sooooo glad chocolate didn't make you sick!!!
    Really pretty and sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable card. Love those sweet birds and its adorable colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a terrific card! I love the color combo and the sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at MIM.

    Hugs
    Rocio, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. A really beautiful card Asha, your colouring is fab, thank goodness you don't have a chocolate allergy, lol. Hope the nasty bug has gone now, apologies for not visiting for such a long time, health issues and lack of time, will try to keep up more xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a sweet card, Asha! Love those little birdies and your choice of sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card and sentiment! I saw this on MIM and wanted a closer look. Donna #77

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a stunning card! Too cute!
    Thanks for joining Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous. Love those birdies, stitches and gorgeous bow. Thanks for playing at Digi Sketch Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Digi Sketch Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. That birdie in the middle looks like it just heard a particularly shocking piece of gossip! lol :) So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful coloring of the image. Thanks for joining us in the Parade Your Crafts Blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...