Thursday, 21 November 2013

Another Christmas card

Regular readers will know that I am making Christmas cards to help raise funds for our local doggie shelter. I promised a dozen but I want to make as many as possible. It's been a slow process because I am rubbish at CAS, my usual stuff are not suited to mass production and boredom sets in after 3 cards. Miraculously, last weekend I managed to produce 5 of these... before I gave in to "creative fatigue".


Still playing with Clearly Besotted stamps. Partly because my craft table is a mess and I haven't put away these stamps. But more importantly, they are my training wheels while I struggle to demystify CAS. Here I'm using the Signature Christmas stamps and coordinating dies.    

Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves and Versacolor Scarlet. For the background I embossed some grey CS with Checkered EF by Darice. To finish, 1 red bling.

Challenges:

Clearly Besotted Challenge #6 - Christmas
Make It Monday #167 - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks #169 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments #94 - Any Sentiment
Southern Girls - Round Round Baby Right Round - circles, round dots
My Heart Pieces - Red, Green and Another colour - grey
Charisma Cardz #46 - Christmas

That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by. Don't forget to drop in tomorrow for my Polka Doodles post. I've got an easy little project to show you. So until then - stay warm, my friends!

Beijinhos!


21 comments:

  1. Great job Asha!! I know what you mean though about "creative fatigue", I certainly couldn't mass produce cards one after the other so well done you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Great job!
    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous christmas card ! How lovely to help raise money for charity xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CAS Christmas card, Asha! Great design with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Asha! Five more for a great cause and 5 more great cards.

    I know what you mean about the boredom setting in but lately I have been thinking of changing my usual method of individual cardmarking to 3 of each design I make. I do mass produce quit a few Christmas cards, but 3 seems to work for me and I am thinking of carrying on with that idea for my other cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Asha, lovely card and for a great cause !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and love the embossed background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Asha! This is really stunning!! I'm with you on making several at once...it drives me nuts! LOL! You are doing so good at CAS girl...keep it up! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous and you are very good for giving your time making these.

    Have a good weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I soooo know how you feel about assembly like cards! Christmas time is the only time I give into a bit of repetition and 3 of each design is about my MAX too! I like the basket weave look of the embossed background - it definitely takes practice to get a CAS look working for you, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge.
    ~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome thing you're doing. I am always surprised how CAS can be more challenging for me, weird right? This card is super duper cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at MIM.

    hugs
    Rocio, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you do great CAS cards, Asha! This design is beautiful - love your Clearly Besotted stamps. I hopped over to get some myself, but with all the stuff that ended up in the shopping basket I need to reconsider to get those I want the most or I'll be ruined -lol - it's SO hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Asha, I love the background embossing and stunning ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Asha! I love those ornaments. Good luck on getting your CAS cards made. Fabulous work. I saw this on MIM and had to take a closer look.

    Don't forget; I have a chance to win FREE candy on my blog; if you haven't already registered. Happy Holidays! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible creation! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredible creation! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fabulous! And 5! Way to go :) I always make sets of six, and get bored around 3 or 4 myself, lol. Love the shade of green you used - really vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely Christmas Card, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!! I'm loving all your Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...