Saturday, 28 September 2013

Brighter Days

Hello, my friends! Just popping in to share with you a card I made for someone dear to us. She could do with some cheering up. Given the wet couple of days we've been having, I could do with some cheering up too. It's a perfect day for a warm sticky bun and hot coffee!

Here's my simple card. It's not CAS, I know. But it's a lot simpler than my usual production, wouldn't you agree?


I made 5" square card, with a little strip of paper from Cosmo Cricket's Togetherness pad. For the lace edge I used Woodware punch. The umbrella and sentiment are from Clearly Besotted's April Showers set. 

Here's a close-up of the umbrella, stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Cantaloupe and Danube Blue and cut with Clearly Besotted's coordinating April Shower die. For layering I used Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle dies.

For the inside, I flung the umbrella down. She won't be needing it on bright sunny days! 


A few challenges for this card:
Inkspirational Challenges #39 - sketch
Color Throwdown #261 - colours
Sister Act Card Challenge #26 "Anything Goes"
365 Cards Day 270 "Keep It Simple"
Totally Papercrafts #186 "Stitching On Card"
Drunken Stampers #143 "Die-Cuts"
4 Crafty Chicks "Bingo" - Embossing - Sentiment - Lace
Crafts 4 Eternity #143 "Anything Goes"
Make It Monday #159 "Anything Goes"

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I hope
the sun is shining where you are. Take care my friends!

Beijinhos!












33 comments:

  1. Hi Asha lovely card and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is perfect for the intended occasion, and it's a great version of the Inkspirational sketch! I can't wait to sit down tomorrow and have a got at it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous cheery card Asha. We've had a lovely sunny day today! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cheerful is this? Umbrellas are one of my favourite motifs and I love your multi-coloured spotty one. Love that you carried the spots onto the background . Great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Asha I love it huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Asha, super layout, love the umberella and wonderful stitching. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabulous card will certainly cheer your friend up. Let's hope your weather improves too. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Asha! I like the double colored umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It put a smile on my face...Cute inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant card Asha, I love the colours and the umbrella is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fresh summery looking card Asha, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the umbrella and the stitching!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Delightful card to cheer your friend up! Love the umbrella and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card Asha...just the thing to cheer up a friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure this will definitely brighten your friend Asha - this is gorgeous and I love the brilliant inside. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You say simple little card, but it's just great, I love the sentiment too, don't see that too often

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card, love the colour combo and sweet sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your umbrella card is so cute and bright ::)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card!! What perfect stitching and love the inside!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card! Your friend will surely be cheered by it! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet card and I love how the inside matches! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the texture you used on this card! The colors and layout are rockin too :) Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our bingo challenge your creation is super inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous cheery card. Love the embossing , the umbrella and the sentiment . hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute card! Love the umbrella! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. |Fabulous card, love the colours and the diecuts are great! Thanks for playing along with us at the Drunken Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is such a beauty Asha!! Love the colors and happy design! I'm sure the receiver of this will smile! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for playing our Bingo Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, lovely job!

    Leanne DT!
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  28. How cute...the little umbrella is adorable and I love all the stitching!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is absolutely darling! I adore the fun and fresh colors and I LOVE the umbrellas!!! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice card, your umbrella cheers me up! Thanks for playing with us at Drunken Stampers. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous Asha, I love the happy colours, a perfect card to cheer friend up! I love the thrown down umbrella inside! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our BINGO challenge! You rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...