Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Tuesday Throwdown #157: Toes in the Sand

Good Morning, my friends! And here we are  at another round of Tuesday Throwdown fun. This week we're continuing with the summer theme....after all it is scorching hot in the northern hemisphere. What better way than to cool off at the beach.

Our theme this week: "Toes in the Sand" and we have "Sweet n' Sassy Stamps" playing along with us by generously providing the DT some utterly cute digis. For my card project, I'm using a cheeky little digi called "Cocoa and the Beach Ball". You really ought to check out the Sweet n' Sassy On-line Store where the Summer Sale is in full swing.

Enough banter, let's head on down to the beach and meet my card:

The papers for this card are from Fancy Pants "Beach Babe" 6x6 pad. For cutting and matting I used Spellbinders Ovals and Lacy Ovals dies. Few embellies made it to the card: red gingham ribbon and some yellow bling.

Here's a close-up of Cocoa and his Beach Ball. I coloured him with SN markers

On the inside is the greeting from Chocolate Baroque's Birthday Words set, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle.

This is such a fun challenge, I hope you'll join in the Tuesday Throwdown beach party. As always, create a new project for this challenge and link it up over at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge Blog. And if you need some inspiration to get you started, take a closer look at what the rest of the DT has on offer. So what are you waiting for, my friends. let's play!

I'm taking my chard to these linky parties:

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be seeing ya soon! Toodles!

Beijinhos,




28 comments:

  1. Such a cute summery card!
    Getting ready for holidays now...soon to be in sunny England for a month...can not wait to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocoa is just adorable! Your card is so vibrant and fun. It's definitely beach party time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful summer colours Asha and loving Cocoa..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and lovely! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee& Cards Challenges: Life's a Beach
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet card, perfect for this weather x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, super image and pretty papers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card Asha! Your image is precious and I love the gingham ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. AW!! Cocoa is just too cute! :) I love your fun colors and the beach you've colored for him!! Brilliant beach scene my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha I come back again to your blog...cute Image and lovely DP...really cute card Asha...hope to see you again on my Blog dear..


    I am joining again the MIM and my card is number 73..if you could pop up to my Blog and leave me some love, I would be so glad...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the papers you've used - so cute and colorful, and those little fish are perfect with your beach themed image! Sweet and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Asha, I like the adorable image and the papers, thank you for visiting and following my blog, I am following you now too.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! An adorable images pretty coloring, cute papers and great embellishments equals a FABULOUS card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card!! Such a super sweet image! Too cute!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card and image Asha. Saw this on MIM and came for a closer look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable little beach mouse, and I love the sweet paper! Thanks so much for joining us for the Wags n Whiskers challenge! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha...just read your posts on the Pow Wow and the lodge.
    If you ever plan a trip tot he west coast and interior of BC Canada, be sure to let me know.

    There are so many ways to have a fabulous trip here and do it for a fairly good price. I think the Lodge had really good golf and play packages. When our cousins come over from England, they will probably stay a few days at the lake with us in the bargoon rooms we are able to access for our friends and family...but I am sure we will grab a couple of those golf stay and play packages as the ladies can get a spa whole the guys golf!

    I have lived in many areas of our province and visited many others. I would be delighted to show you around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Asha
    I was immediately drawn to the little fishes on the DSP-how cute is that paper and what a cool name it has. I wish I could be at the beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at MIM. Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that gingham ribbon is the most incredible embellishment on this card, Asha! It just ties everything together (no pun intended.) Wonderful design and the fish dp is perfect. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! This is super cute, Asha! Great image & papers! Came over for a closer peek from MIM!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are #3, #4, #98, #152, and #154.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark… and become a follower.

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is gorgeous Asha. I love the papers and cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card - inside and out!

    Hugs from your teamie!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so Cute!!! FAb colouring and I love the fishy paper.

    Thanks for taking part in the On the Beach challenge with us at Stamping with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great birthday card.Love the vibrant colours and design with the ribbon. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG I just love that image! Wonderful coloring as usual, Asha.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...