Sunday, 2 June 2013

Christmas Card Club #10: Father Christmas

I'm late!  I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!..... Remember that little ditty from the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland?

I'm not that kind of late...waaay too late for that!  But I am late for our latest instalment of the Christmas Card Club offering. Our hostess this fortnight is the lovely Margaret, known simply as The Dutchess to her friends and her theme is "Father Christmas".

So what's up with this tardiness? In my defence I have this to say: I lost Santa! About a week ago, I printed this adorable digi by Robin's Fetish, coloured him and put him away somewhere safe, ready for this occasion. Alas! Like my old boy Andy who has numerous chew-bones buried in our garden for future use, I drew a complete blank when the time came to dig him out...Father Christmas, I mean. Not bones. Long story short, I found the Jolly man late last night and stitched him down...good and proper. Christmas is safe, kids!

Here's my vintage inspired card:

The papers are from Raspbberry Road's Vintage Christmas collection.

This sweet image Father Christmas is by Robin's Fetish. I coloured him with SN and Promarkers-

For cutting and layering I used Spellbinder's Circle and Scalloped Circle dies. For embellies, I have a couple of my all-time faves: lace and bling.

Just a simple greeting on the inside.


Here are a few Christmas challenges for this card: Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - June "Vintage" ; Winter Wonderland "Inspired by a Photo" - colours, snow, dreaming of Santa; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #127 "Use Your Favourite Embellishment" ; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - June "Anything Goes"Christmas Stampin' All Year Long #18 "Anything Goes" and Moving Along With The Times - sketch.









That's all from me, for now. Better  get on my bike before I'm late for the rest of the day! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you later, my friends!

Beijinhos!

19 comments:

  1. Asha, Check your blog. I think something posted when it was supposed to still be a draft. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm losing my marbles, NC! Help! :-D

      Delete
  2. Well, that goodness you found it as I wouldn't have wanted to miss this lovely card. As always, your card inside is beautiful. Great Design papers too!P

    ReplyDelete
  3. its your age!!!
    Too cute Father Christmas, really must get to doing some more Xmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found him Asha....I do it all the time my desk is such a mess......I tried putting my projects in cello bags but I still lost those.....He is a great image and a real christmassy card just lovely hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hes so cute, I think he was off making some toys before he was rediscovered!!! Love all the sewing you have done on the card too. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hope you will be able to join back in with us after our Summer break, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sewing you put into your cards too Asha. This is a fabulous Christmas card and a lovely Santa. We must all be the same - I am always losing stuff! I have it one minute and I look again and it has disappeared!!!! love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Asha, what a fantastic use of the sketch! So glad you found Santa and saved Christmas for all the kids in the world. :-D Wonderful coloring. Love the lamp post background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Asha and fits Dutchess' challenge and your sketch. Hope life is easier now filled with special memories. Hugs Zx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Asha, the background is gorgeous. I have loads of things put away safely....funny how the safe place is never obvious when you're looking for something though! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha tnx for the laugh!
    That's a great image. Thanks for joining us at WAWTT
    Riette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thank you for joining us at
    Winter Wonderland.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. great interpretation and a gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Santa card Asha, love the colour scheme, layout and embellishments too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super card for the CCC challenge, Asha - and also for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Asha
    Fabulous Father Christmas... Gorgeous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eine tolle Karte mit einem tollen Motiv.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. Liebe Grüße Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I'm so glad you managed to find your image. I hate it when you put something down (usually right on my desk) and can't find it. Love that paper with the lamppost on it. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Asha, this is wonderful. Love the Santa and the papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR and good luck.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...