Monday, 3 June 2013

Born to be Wild!

I know the days are supposed to get longer and all that...it ain't true. Not for me, anyway. I seem to be playing catch up all the time. My day usually ends with me crashing into bed...and it seems 30 seconds later the alarm is off again. I don't remember it being this way last year. Do you? There's a pattern of forgetfulness and I'm constantly wondering if I've forgotten something.  Perhaps my friend Sandie is right... my memory is failing me because I am old-er.

And why am I here? Aaah yes! To tell you about this card I made for our dear friend's birthday, which isn't until June 16th. Still early, but the way things are going these days, I might forget all about it. He's into motorbikes but unfortunately his wife is not so enthusiastic.  So, here's one way to live that fantasy:


The papers are form Basic Grey's "Life of the Party" 6x6 pad.

The bike stamp is by Hot Off The Press, stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and coloured with Promarkers. The birthday greeting is from WMS "Half Pint Heroes" set. 

For embellies I have 3 pewter studs by Woodware. I also inked all edged with TH's Vintage Photo. 

Pressies for the birthday boy!

The sketch is form Mojo Monday #296 and I gave it a 90º turn. Other challenges: Challenges 4 Everybody #21 "Anything Goes"Joanna Sheen Challenge"Spots and Stripes"Spark Your Creativity Now #10 "Anything Goes"Brown Sugar Challenge #44 "Masculine Birthday" and ABC Challenges #31 "Masculine Cards".

That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a productive Monday.

Beijinhos! 



14 comments:

  1. Great male card and fabulous layout. I'll have to remember this one. This stamp would be ideal for my husband's friend who is into motor bikes in a big way - riding them, re-building them etc. I agree with you Asha - I'm sure there are fewer hours in the day than they used to be! Lol! Enjoy what is left of your day! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card for the boys Asha. Really like it all! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabulous card - great masculine card!! Love it! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Asha!! Cool bike image,my husband would love this card and Im sure your friend will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool male version of the sketch! The papers you've chosen are perfect for a male design, and your choice of image seems to be a great pick for your motorcycle enthusiastic friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job with the sketch...love the turn! You make masculine cards look pretty easy!!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week @ ABC Challenges & hope to see you back again for our next one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome masculine card. Love the stitching around the edges.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful use of that sketch, Asha! What a fantastic masculine card. Excellent paper choices and I love the color combo. Way to go, gal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this reminds me of a photo of your hubby you had on your blog a while ago, or is my memory going and I just made that up!! Love the pop of red with the vintage colours.
    Hope you are well my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card - love that motorcycle! Great color choices too! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week - please come back on Friday too! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that song stuck in my head now Asha lol. This is a terrific masculine card! Awesome stitching too by the way. :) Hope you are having a great day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely fabulous masculine card Asha! Your friend is sure to appreciate it fully. I love your stitching everywhere - so jealous as I can't seem to be able to figure out how to use a machine to sew and I'm a bit unmotivated to do it all by hand - LOL. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card! Love the colours and layout.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...