Wednesday, 8 May 2013

A true friend...

Today's card is inspired by friendship. Lately, I've been taking stock of my friends and acquaintances. There are quite a few I definitely want to hang on to and some, well, let's just say I wouldn't miss them much if they moved to Mars. Luckily there are only 2 on that list!

And then I started blogging... and over the past 16 months I have forged friendships with some awesome crafters. Together we have laughed, cried, ranted, raved, supported, prayed and indulged in some good-ol' fashioned girly gossip. I am proud to call these ladies my friends....what a blessing!


The patterned papers is from HOTP's "Bohemian" 12x12 collection. The central panel is made of strips of washi tape. I bought these over a year ago and never used it...until it rolled out of nowhere while I was tidying up my "studio". 

This gorgeous stamp is by Chocolate Baroque from the set called "A Thing of Beauty". I coloured it with SN markers.  

For cutting and layering I used Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval dies. Final touch - a sheer bow. I'm very tempted to call this CAS my way... but that would be pushing it, I know!

Some washi action on the inside.



Taking my card to the following challenges: Tuesday Morning Sketches #197ABC Challenges #27 "Tic-Tac-Toe: Ribbon-Flowers-Pink CS"Papertake Weekly "Anything Goes"Word Art Wednesday #79 "Anything Goes with Uplifting Sentiment"Crafty Bloggers Network #11 "O's & X's: Die cut-Flowers-RibbonDivas By Design "Anything Goes"Loves Rubber Stamps #51 "Anything Goes"Craft Your Passion Challenge #161 "Floral Delights" and Without Words Challenge "Brings Forth May Flowers".


That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with a DT post. Have a lovely day, my friends!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to: 




28 comments:

  1. This is scrummy Asha I love your designs, hope your doing ok hun thinking of you huggles Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha. I know what you mean. I only started my blog in September last year but I have "met" some incredible and amazing people. I couldn't believe how helpful everybody was and how willing to share. In amongst my blog buddies I have also made a few really good friends - definitely keepers!!!

    Hope all is well with you. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Asha and the sentiment is so true, without our friends life would be empty. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! Your colouring on the flowers is amazing and that is a wonderful sentiment!! I'm so glad to have "met" you!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card Asha and so true. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Asha! Wonderful coloring of the beautiful flowers! I am happy to have "met" you here in blogland! I always enjoy visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning - love the papers and what a gorgeous image and sentiment. Wonderful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous; I love how you have used the Washi Tape for the center panel...so clever! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha,
    This is magnificent, the design, your colors and coloring.
    We love what you have created and posted with us this week.
    God Bless you,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha, your last few cards I have missed but are all just so beautiful, especially this one, Friendship...we need it all the time. I too have made some wonderful friendships via blogging, thanks for being one of them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im with you Asha, I have made some wonderful friendships since I have started blogging! Your card is beautiful, love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, Asha! Love the pink color combo. Marvelous coloring and I adore the papers you chose. I count you as one of my blogland friends and I'd hate to lose you. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card with great colors. I love the way you used the washi-tape.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Asha, yes this is so true about friendship! This is a beautiful card to reflect the sentiment. I wish I could colour like you and I have yet to purchase washi tape but this really works on your card x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha this is beautiful, gorgeous design, thanks for joining us at Without Words. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So classy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a truly gorgeous design Asha!! The colors, image and yummy ribbon all go together perfectly!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful design! I love the colors on the flowers. It's a beautiful shade of pink. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just gorgeous, Asha. I just LOVE that sweet washi tape. Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation in our challenge this week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. I appreciate you shared it!
    Very great idea!
    It's one informative article for the viewers and users.
    Simran Kaur
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the stitching and the great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous! Terrific coloring (and color scheme) and I love the washi tape carried into the inside too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card and love the sentiment too, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful Asha! I love seeing your work every week. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My gosh this is so darling xx thank you so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Loves Rubberstamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at Diva's
    Hugs
    JAyne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card, very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Without Words and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very sweet card and true about the sentiment too ;). I always love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...