Monday, 22 April 2013

Christmas Card Club #7: Vintage Christmas

I'm late...so very late putting up this card. In my defence I can only say that it was for a good cause. We went away for the weekend... on a retreat to recharge our spiritual and emotional batteries. The past few days...weeks... months have revealed a series of harrowing events and we've had enough. So off we went into the woods with other like minded people and now we're back with renewed faith and a sense of calm.

My state of zen came to a screeching halt when I  remembered .... oh heck... the Christmas Card Club! Here's my hurried (and harried) offering based on our lovely Lizzi's theme "Vintage Christmas". Careful.... don't touch the photo... the glue isn't dry yet!


The papers are from Raspberry Road's Vintage Christmas collection.

The bauble is from Chocolate Baroque's Stained Glass Christmas set and the greeting is from the Peace On Earth set.  All stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle. I also added some cream lace...my idea of vintage!

Here's a close-up of that bauble. I added some bling and gold cord to jazz it up. For layering I used Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Square die.

On the inside I use a greeting from CB's Christmas Cheer stamp set. 


So that's my Vintage Christmas card. I'm not sure if it is indeed vintage...I think it is. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #194, which I did not manage to link on time. Still, I like this sketch, so I'm using it for my card. Other challenges: Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #121 "Red and Green Must Be Seen"Word Art Wednesday #76 "Anything Goes"Challenges 4 Everybody #18 "Anything Goes"Crafty Hazelnuts Monthly Christmas Challenge"April"My Time To Craft Challenge218 "Stitching" ; Pattie's Creations #65 "Make It Sparkle"and Crimbo Crackers #38 "Vintage".

Thanks for stopping by and for all your wonderful sweet comments and email. I am overwhelmed by all the kindness and am so very grateful for it.  I'll leave you with another little photo of our dear sweet angels - Snoop-dog and Xiara. Not quite a tête-à-tête, more like a cheek-to-cheek!


Our furry angels...together again.


Beijinhos!

27 comments:

  1. Glad you took some time to get away Asha. Your card is very pretty and love the papers you used. I should start my Christmas cards now so I am not rushed when the holiday season arrives. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge huggles Asha..card is lovely I love it and must have been so hard to get into it after so much has happened..thanks for the email hun it was truly appreciated I know exactly what your both going through right now..you take care Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card...but I must admit, the idea of a getaway sounds better right now! I love, love, love the picture of your dog Snoopi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definatly vintage Asha...love the BP combinations they all compliment each other and your additional bling is just a perfect finish.....great original idea...
    thinking of you lots and so pleased you could craft...it saved my life when All else failed....take care sweetie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got away. Ooh yes it's vintage!! Love it and I have to laugh sbout the glue not dry! There have been times mine hasn't even been stuck together!! Lol!! Hugs n love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...love the design and great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Asha. So glad to hear you've taken time out to restore yourselves. Keep hold of the happy memories my friend. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card my dearest friend^_^
    Lovely dogs^_^
    Have a wonderful start of the week^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed your short break Asha and hope you feel even just a wee bit lighter in heart. Gorgeous card, love the bauble with the added bling. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek!! Christmas!! But a gorgeous card nontheless!! Be strong, happy thoughts!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, thanks for sharing at my time to craft challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing in our 'Make It Sparkle' Challenge #65!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!
    On another note, sorry to see that your Snoopi just recently passed on. Hope you find joy in your many memories of God's best friends that we were so blessed to have had.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! So stunning Asha!! Love your added bling and the papers match up perfectly!! Glad you were able to get away to re-charge and it helped my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Asha
    Gorgeous card.... Love the colours.... I have not done mine yet as wanted to see what everyones Vintage was like for some Inspiration
    Still thinking of you both at this sad time....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Asha, so pleased you got away for the weekend.
    This really is an elegant vintage card and the added bling on the viable is just perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely vintage card Asha, the papers look fabulous together. Your weekend sounds like just what the DR ordered - hope life starts to get easier for you soon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful wonderful card. So glad that you were able to get away and regroup, so to speak. I love the little photo at the end of the post:-) Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe it was a good thing to be late for this challenge, 'cause the result is great! I think I sometimes could've made at least 3 or 4 cards with different designs if I had chosen to glue things together instead of changing papers, moving bits and bobs around before I finally make a decision:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just wonderful, Asha. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us in our challenge this week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you were able to get away and be refreshed!!
    This is beautiful!! As I was looking, I thought "I know that sketch, but I don't remember seeing this" and then read on to see you missed our deadline. Sorry! It is really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally gorgeous, Asha - I love everything about it - just right for Lizzie's challenge for CCC and thanks also for adding for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon - hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a wonderful Christmas card. Love the colors and that die-cut frame is perfect. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Have a fabulous day and God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great vintage card Asha...love the colours and the gorgeous dies.
    The inside is as wonderful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so happy to hear the break made you feel a bit better dear lady, this is a perfect vintage card Asha, inside and out! Beautiful photo of your two precious ones too. Big hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Christmas Club? Wow what a great challenge and an awesome way to build a Christmas stack! Looks vintage to me :). Love the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely picture of your angels Asha and your card is super too! I love the combo of papers and gold. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty card and hope things are ok with you. Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...