Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Happy Easter

Hello my friends. This is a quick post. I made this card on Tuesday evening late night midnight... I think.  In any case, I only just remembered that hadn't blogged about it...  It's probably my age, or that I feel like I haven't slept for 3 weeks... or maybe I'm finally loosing my mind!  Before I dash off to do I-can't-remember-what, I'll leave you with this Easter card....my last Pascal card for this year. A card like this is the perfect way to use up your scrap pieces of DP.


The papers are bits and bobs from Papermania's "Rose Garden" 6x6 pad, which I can only assume is out of print. This one is a good few years old. I cut the pieces down to 1" squares and stitched them to give a granny's quilt look. 

Very little embellishments here - bits of ribbon and some pearls. The card is quite flat as I'm using 2mm foam tape.

The greeting is from WMS Compact Sentiments 1, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. For cutting and layering I used Nellie Snellen's Multi Frame Dies Dots Circles. It has a doily look without being too fussy.  

On the inside I used up the rest of the 1" squares. 


The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #191; Pixies Crafty Workshop "Crafty Snippets Playground #65;  Easter challenges with Crafty Creations #215; Creative Belli #166; Sisterhood of Crafters; The Paper Shelter #105 "Anything Goes"; Cuttin' and Stampin' #12 "Easter"; Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #213 "Grab Some Thread"  and Whimsical Designs "Pastels".


That's my last Easter 2013 card. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with a little something.... until then, have a great day y'all!

22 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL design and stitching! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Easter/Spring’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha I love this gorgeous card those papers look lush I love the die cut frames a really Spring like card super work.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card and great stitching Asha !!! gorgeous papers huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Asha. LOVE the stitching on the wonderful patchwork. Thanks so much for joining us at the Belli Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha this is beautiful! I love the pretty dp and stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of snippets...you should take it to the Pixies Crafty Workshop!

    It is really a lovely card and the 1 inch squares stitched like that are so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this colours!!! great!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your paper quilting! The colors are so pretty and those doily dies are a must have....LOVE THEM! Thanks for playing along with our Whimsical Wednesday Pastels challenge at Whimsical Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous - love the papers and such wonderful colours. Asha - you have astounded me!! Sewing all these cards by hand!! Oh My goodness, you are amazing. TFS and a Very Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! I love the soft colours of the DP and your quilt background!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and great use of snippets! Welcome to the Snippets Playground, hope you'll be back again soon with another lovely make.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great way to use up snippets, Asha. You've made a lovely quilty background for your lovely minty Easter card! And welcome to the Playground! When you come next time it should be warmer so we can go down the slide without freezing our sweet cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Asha! Love the feel of this card with the doilies and background. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Crafty Creations. I hope you get to join us again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, sweet! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Opps, Asha, i forgot to say..thanks for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty little card. Thanks for entering the challenge at the Paper Shelter. Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant use of snippets and stitching.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Card, thanks for joining in at whimsical Wednesdays this week- Good Luck!! Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful colors! The strips of papers together have a pretty quilted feel to them when grouped together and stitched - lovely background for the doilies. Awesome job, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Asha, there are so many wonderful details on your card! I love the patchwork background (so painstaking!) and the ribbon detail - and the pearls to highlight the sentiment. So glad you could play along with my sketch! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely Easter card - the stitching is quite pretty. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've created such a beautiful look with paper strips and stitching! I love stitching on my cards, so I might "borrow" this idea for a future card!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...