Thursday, 7 March 2013

Gift of Miniature Cards

I'm excited to share my latest project with you - a set of 5 miniature cards (notelets?) in a box. I made it as a gift for a dear friend. It's nothing fancy but I think she will appreciate it. I took the sketch from this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches #188 , rotated it, squared it up and churned out little teeny tiny cards. At 3"x3" these are way smaller than your standards cards but I actually find their smallness rather endearing. Plus, these cards are the perfect size for using up all those scrap pieces of DP. Let me introduce you to the cast of characters:


Here is the box that houses the little cards. It measures 4" x 3-1/2" x 1".  I'm using the TMS sketch on the box too. The DPs are by WRMK Travel Light and Basic Grey Life of the Party. The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments 2, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. I used some Doodlebug orange twine to tie a bow and XCut Lace Border Punch for the blue trim.

I popped the sentiment on some foam tape and the lid of the box fits snugly under / behind the blue lace trim. The box comfortably holds 5 little cards + envelopes.

Card #1: Thinking of You
EF: Cuttlebug's Argyle.   DP: BG "Life of the Party".   Sentiment: WMS Compact Sentiment 2.   Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.   Embellies: ribbon and bling. 

Card #2: Just For You
EF: Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirls.   DP: MME "Pretty Please".   Sentiment: WMS Compact Sentiment 1.    Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.   Embellies: ribbon and card candi. 

Card #3: Miss You
EF: Crafts Too Daisies EF.   DP: MME "Quite Contrary".   Sentiment: WMS Compact Sentiments 2.   Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.   Embellies: ribbon and button.

Card #4: Hey How Are You?
EF: Craft Concepts Woodgrain.   DP: BG "Life of the Party".   Sentiment: WMS Compact Sentiments 1.   Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.   Embellies: twine and bling.

Card #4: Best of Luck
EF: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots.   DP: WRMK "Travel Light".   Sentiment: WMS Compact Sentiments 2.   Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black.   Embellies: ribbon and crystal flower.

I'm actually quite pleased with the way they turned out. There's a card for every ocassion. I'm also chuffed at being able to work a standard sketch onto a dinky card. This will make a lovely gift for Easter too - a set with Pascal greetings will go down nicely with a few people I know. Going to work on that next.... I hope! 


Candy News: My Spring Giveaway collection is now closed. I will draw one lucky Follower from the list using Random Org. The winner will be announced on my blog tomorrow, March 8 at 9:00am GMT. Make sure you come back to check if it's you. 

That's all from me today. Thank you so much to stopping by. See ya tomorrow!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
    

22 comments:

  1. Wow!! Asha love this hun totally gorgeous your friend will love it..and now I have visions of you dancing to staying alive by the Bee Gees and doing all the Travolta moves :P !!! LOL huggles hun Sue J xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, baby! I'm smokin' hot on the dance floor! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Fab designing her Asha, love the simple but elegant cards and box...Yep, like Sue, dancing, singing to the Bee Gees, we were just playing their cd while outside gardening...great singers...luv annie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very nostalgic. Still remember going to the cinema (with Mum!) to watch SNF... way back in the 70s. Miss those days... but I don't miss the pants! LOL

      Delete
  3. Neat little box and cards.
    Thanks for joining our ribbon challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Asha. Lovely little notes for every occasion. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little gift idea Asha and great sentiments. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Wow and triple wow!! Love this Asha - gorgeous little cards. When I first started back into crafting - I always thought everyones cards were huge, but then realised that when people gave the measurements you really can see how small they are:-) Love these so much. TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EWWWW I love these little boxes!!! Absolutely wonderful! You sure are a talented Lady! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments...you make me feel good inside!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic gift for anyone, Asha, but especially a friend who will doubly enjoy it knowing it was made by you. I have to dig myself out of my busy, busy month so far, and get more crafting and more visiting done. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Have you always been an overachiever? :) These are all beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow someone has been busy , love them all , thx for joining us for the Art Impressions challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are just darling! What a lovely, thoughtful gift for your friend! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww too cute and I love the colors! I have a bunch of scraps and you just inspired me to make mini note cards. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful creations, and what a fabulous gift, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our Ribbon challenge hugs Tania xx
    Love all your card they really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fabulous set of cards, those sentiments are awesome and i love the way you've used the punch elements to highlight them--brilliant! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (border punch!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, these are beautiful and what a great gift. I love how you used different embossing folders and the cards are pretty CAS-I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome creation! That IS a good way to use up the scraps of design paper that are laying around :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Asha, these are so awesome! I LOVE that the box matches - and it's been ages since I made a dinky card :) I want to go & do that now! And how cool that I get to thank you for playing along with 2 of my teams - Tuesday Morning Sketches & Shopping our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Asha this is incredible! What a lovely gift - great cards and box! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello my dear! Thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew for our "Ribbon" Challenge - I love your Cards!

    Make sure to check back to see, who'll be our winner and Top3!

    Hugs, Elisa

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...