Sunday, 10 March 2013

Christmas Card Club #4: Roll Up Roll Up ...

... Snowballs and Glitter. Yep! That's the challenge theme set by the lovely Sue W. It conjured up all sorts of images, none of them Christmassy, I tell ya! That peculiar delicacy called Rollmps; an investment strategy; Mick Jagger; Bob Marley; those crazy hazy varsity days .... yeah, I was all over the place!

And then, bam! Inspiration came out of nowhere (and without the aid of my fave beverage). I made this snow scene, which tells a story and it goes something like this: "One wintery day, it began to snow. Red and white flakes fell to the ground and piled into 3 little glittery shiny mounds. Snow rolled down from each of these mounds into 3 neat balls. Some passing winter critters stacked it and dressed it up and fled the scene. Thus, the first snow man was born out of 3 glittery snowballs. He was glistened Frosty."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ooo, I hear the phone. Must be Hollywood calling. I'll leave you with my card:


I made a 4-1/2" square card. I used some of my fave stuff to make this card.
The background paper is from  PolkaDoodles PickNix Gingerbread Twist CD.
The Snowman and trees are from Waltzing Mouse Stamps A 
Cottage Christmas set.
The greeting is from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Christmas Greetings set.

To make the mounds of snow, I tore up some white paper, embossed it with  Sizzix Textured Impressions Folder, coloured the tips with SN markers BT1, BT 2 and inked very lightly with Memento London Fog. Then I dumped a load of glitter dust over it and adhered the strips to the card base. The embossing gave the layer a tiny bit of lift, enough for dimensional interest without making it bulky. The stamped the cast of characters, fussy cut them and put them in their places. The stage is set!

I'm trying to capture the glitter on camera...near impossible. I coloured the Snowman ith BT1, BT2, CR8, CR11, OR1, GB8, GB10, GB4 and CT4. For the trees, I swiped the markers (DG4 and DG2) stamped with Brilliance Cottage Ivy and Memento Tuxedo Black. I wanted the Faraway Tree (remember that book by Enid Blyton?!) to look lighter. Then fussy cut them before adding them to the scene..  

I used more of the lovely paper by PolkaDoodles on the inside too.


Take a sleigh ride and visit the rest of the Christmas Card Club members. They've got some fabby creations to show you!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
(I'm going through a phase... so bear with me, please)


28 comments:

  1. Hehe... Glistened, very cute :)

    Another awesome card by Asha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creation and love how you have used the photo to inspire you, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps
    New Hobby House blogs here
    http://thehobbyhouseltd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Asha, it's a great scene you've made. Love your choice of music too! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike Asha we've both got snow 'mounds' with torn edges LOL! I love your card and the scene that if portrays. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Asha, a lovely scene - and a lovely tale! LOL! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Asha,
    I love your card!
    You linked it at CCWS, but you didn't used the sketch, so your card will be removed...
    Sorry, but I hope to see you next time at CCWS!
    Hugs, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. roll mops - yeuck! not sure if my sense of humour will cross the language boundary Asha - the men in white coats are coming for you hun - roll mops really yeuk!!
    Gorgeous card and I love the story, another one under our belts Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok Asha ....take a deep breath hun and it will fine...or maybe NOT..'your the want that I want oh oh oh honey!!!' lmaooo sorry was the Grease album got me!!! This card is delicious but not sure about the roll mops hugglessssssss hun Sue J xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! The paper is really pretty and the textured snow "hills" are amazing, specially with that touch of glitter across the tops. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, firstly let me say fab card and I love the snow mounds! But, most importantly - I love The Magic Faraway Tree, they were my absolute fave EB books!!!! I was only thinking about them the other day and wondering if my 5 year old niece would enjoy them too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve your snowy mountains and Yes! I can just see the wintry critters running behind the tress! Leaving a perfect snowman..
    Thank you soooo much for telling us your tale this week at C.S.A.Y.L.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card Asha....loving the swirly sentiment...great scene building...flabby! hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Ash, has cooled me down some what..great snow moulding too..xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute and creative card, Asha! Wonderful winter scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, you are on a roll with these Christmas cards. Awesome
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card. Love it! Thanks so much for participating in the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge. --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great winter scene! Love the depth you have created...and the texture.

    That sentiment is gorgeous...love the swirly look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card my dear^_^ I love the cute image^_^
    big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Christmas card Asha! Love this sweet snowman and the rolling snowy hills. :)
    Sorry I've been MIA, my father's health is poor and spending a lot of time with him right now. I miss my daily visits and hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is wonderful!! Thanks for joining us at CCWS this week!

    /Christina, DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. was für eine tolle Karte. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL.Liebe Grüße Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  22. so was it Hollywood? And I hope you sang my song whilst listening to that c.d!!
    Love your card-the glittery hills are fab and what a story!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are funny!!! No matter how it came to you, this card is wonderful!! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card, love the snow effect hills! Great layout and wonderful papers and colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card for the CCC challenge and thank you, too, for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card, love the scene. Thank you for joining us at this week's Winter Wonderland Challenge.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, Asha!
    Just droping by to let you know taht you won a challenge with this gorgeous card.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...