Thursday, 13 December 2012

Unto Us A Child Is Born

Hello my friends! It has a whirlwind couple of days here. Our fur-baby Rosie's ear-drum ruptured quite unexpectedly and it has been a nightmare, more so for her than for us. The poor thing is in so much pain and there's little we can do except keep her well medicated until we have it treated. She has a mass in her ear and we had scheduled to have it removed just after Christmas so we'll be home with her 24/7 while she recuperated. Late Tuesday night all that changed with this painful twist to the tale! In the meantime we've been trying to do our best to keep her comfortable. This morning we had a CAT scan to assess the extent of the damage and to plan for the surgery, which now is a whole lot more complicated than just removing a mass. There hasn't been time for much of anything really. Right now it's all about our 10-year old, overweight, snoring, belching, farting and extremely affectionate baby-dog. There's no one quite like her. I know she's in pain although she doesn't really complain. She just shivers uncontrollably as soon the pain meds wear off. It's heartbreaking. And so soon after Xiara! I was planning on keeping this post brief but I just had to let it out. Hope you don't mind. I won't bore you with too many details.

Here's a card I made very late last night. It helped me stay awake for Rosie. I was so impressed by Debbie's black and white Christmas card for the Tuesday Morning Sketches that I just had to have a go myself.  Check out her blog, Debbie's Dash of This and That, for more crafty creations. She's a genius with vinyl, I tell ya!

My version of a black & white Christmas looks like this:

The patterned papers are from Papermania's "Liquorice & Sherbert" A4 pad.  This paper collection is as non-Christmas as you can get! The image and sentiment are from Chocolate Baroque's "Peace on Earth" stamp set. I heat embossed the greeting on black CS with metallic gold EP.

 I used TH's Black Soot ink to stamp the image and outlined the tree, building etc with Kuretake Metallic Gold pen. Then I layered it on some shimmery black CS (not obvious in the photo)

For embellies, I used sheer white ribbon and 4 gold brads. There are 2 gold brads at the top left hand corner, hidden under that poofy bow.

On the inside I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp the greeting from Chocolate Baroque's "Warm  Christmas Greetings" clear stamp set.

I'm sharing my card with: Tuesday Morning Sketches #176 with a twist "Non traditional Christmas"; 52 Christmas Card Throwdown December Colour Challenge "Black, White, Metallic"; Holly Jolly Christmas "Metallic Christmas"; Just Add Ink #148 "Just Add Christmas" Make It Monday #120 "Anything Goes" and WordArt Wednesday #58 "Anything Goes". I didn't use the given wordart, opting instead for an uplifting "greeting"  from Isaiah 9:6, which was then gloriously fulfilled in Luke 2:11.















I'm off to see to Rosie. Time for some pain relief. I'll do some visiting later today when I get a mo. Thank you so much to stopping by and for listening to me unload. I'll see you tomorrow for Card 7 of my Holiday Mini Bailout series.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to: 




34 comments:

  1. Hi Asha! This is an absolutely gorgeous card....I love the gold embossing and the awesome image. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday and blessing us with your talents. It's always so nice to see such beautiful art shared in our challenges.

    I just became your newest follower, and I really hope that you will stop by my blog and follow me as well. I love having new followers, and look forward to visiting your blog again to see your sweet cards! Here is my blog address:
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - Hope to see you soon!

    Have a blessed week! We love having you play along with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Asha, I love the gold pen outline highlights, a superb touch!

    I hope all goes well for Rosie, it's so sad when your fur baby is in pain or unwell. Sending good thoughts your way! : )

    Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us once again at 52 {C}CT!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha! This is beautiful! The gold embossing and brads makes this even more elegant - beautiful for the newborn King!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Asha - and so sorry that your dog is not well. Hugs, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words!! I'm so glad you were inspired by my card!! :) Your work is so amazing I'm often inspired by you!!
    This is just beautiful! I love the colours and the embossed sentiment!!
    Hope all goes well for your dog! Sorry she/you are having to go through this!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, so sorry to hear about Rosie, will email you later xx
    Glad crafting is helping x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are gorgeous elements to see on this card! Love the golden shine and this wonderful Bethlehem-stamp...
    So sorry Asha, for your little baby, I can feel your pain and hope that she goes well soon...

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, love the golden touches. Will be thinking about you and Rosie, hope you get her sorted soon, it's horrible when pets are unwell and you can't make it better for them instantly. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Asha - your gold details are beautiful. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how pretty, love all the gold and how you did the inside as well! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asha, this is absolutely FABULOUS! This is just gorgeous--the image and sentiment and patterns, just all of it! I adore this card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha a great Christmas card. I love the way it all came together, with the black white and gold. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful Asha and perfect for our challenge this week at 52CCT! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Asha! I'm so sorry about what Rosie is going through :(. As you can probably tell I've got some catching up on your posts - I'm going backwards from today's post. Hope she is comfortable until her surgery and hope she has a wonderful Christmas with you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card. Wow - the details. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of the gold touches add such elegance to your card, Asha. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am SO sorry to hear about Rosie - I too hope that she's comfortable until her surgery. It must be hard to watch :'(
    I'm loving the gold/black/white combo - definitely not traditional! But gorgeous :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh, this is gorgeous! I love how you outlined the image with your gold pen. Fab take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty...love the gold accents! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty and elegant! Love the gold accents! Thanks for sharing your card at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Hope your fur baby is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your furry one is lucky to have someone like you taking such good care- hope she feels better! Your card is beautiful - the gold pen work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Asha. We will be keeping Rosie in our prayers. Hopefully she will recover quickly..Hugs..Loz
    Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  24. So elegant Asha! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful. Saw this on MIM#120.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Asha. I spotted your Beautiful card on MIM and came over for a look..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is stunning and I love it Asha! So sorry to hear of your fur baby's troubles. We are animal lovers too and when they hurt, we hurt. Will keep her in my prayers. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such an elegant Christmas card! Love the black, white and gold color combo Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Asha this is just gorgeous. Love the touches of gold.
    Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hop on over to my blog to join in on my 400 Follower Give Away. Thank you so much if you have already joined and good luck. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

    ReplyDelete
  30. A gorgeous opulent make, Asha. The gold edging for your image really sets it off and gives it a really Christmassy feel. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Asha
    I saw your card on MIM. It's Fantastic. I love all the layers and the image is really something! Great use of a gold pen too.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card is truly gorgeous!!! I've thoroughly enjoyed admiring it.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like the touch of gold on this card. Lovely Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so beautiful. Great layout and beautiful details. I found you through Make it Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...