Saturday, 15 December 2012

Holiday Mini Bailout #8: Christmas Star

Welcome to Day 8 of my Holiday Mini Bailout series. Each day until the 19th I will post a simple mini card measuring 4"x3.5". These are 12 easy cards that I put together quickly when I realised I hadn't made enough! You might find a couple of ideas in my hurried creations and be able to whip up a few last-minute wonders. For ooomph I'm depending on strong colours instead of my usual embellishing doodads and ding-dongs.... you know what I mean.

Today I offer you a Christmas tree, a different version of the one I made on Day #3.


No patterned papers, just an embossed background. To mimic the hearts in the tree I used Crafts Too Hearts folder.  The cut the tree out with Spellbinders Resplendant Rectangles die and inked the edges with TH's Antique Linen.

Here's a close-up of the tree from WMS Nutcracker Sweet stamp set. I coloured it with SN markers and added a bling on the star.
Here's the inside. The greeting is from WMS Seasons of Love - Tags set, stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves. 
I'm playing with: Winter Wonderland "O Christmas Tree"; My Heart Pieces "Vibrant Colours"Pixie Dust Studio "Christmas Traditional Colours" and Paper Play "You're a Star".

That's Day #9 all wrapped up. Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow's guest star is a little cutie-pie. Curious? Come back tomorrow and find out! See you soon.

Beijinhos!



2012 Holiday Mini Bailout - the story so far:
Day #07 : Little Red Robins
Day #06 : Seasonal Sweeties
Day #05 : Rudy
Day #04 : Snowman
Day #03 : O Christmas Tree
Day #02 : Jolly and Bright
Day #01 : Twinkle Twinkle

9 comments:

sandie said...

I Am loving your bail out cards and the bold colours are really working x

Karon said...

What a wonderful tree Asha - and I love the heart embossed background that picks up on the hearts in the tree. Fabulous.

Julie M said...

Lovely card, Asha - I love the echoing of the hearts in the background and tree.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation just love the interpretation of the tree, thank you for playing along at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs and Xmas Wishes
Kate xx

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Every time I see you use a spellbinders die I want it!!! Love the tree and the embossed background. Beautiful card!

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

Awesome card!!! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!!
~DEANNE~

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous card...I just love the tree. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Debbie x

nicoleqmullen said...

Lovely card, love the vintage style colours and love the embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Cindy said...

Gorgeous and definetly vibrant! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces! Cindy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...