Monday, 17 December 2012

Have a Cracking Christmas

It's Mojo day, my friends. Monday is probably my least favourite day but I do look forward to making and posting a Mojo card. Before I say / write anything else I just want to say thank you so very much, from the bottom of my heart, for all the encouraging comments and emails for Rosie. She comfortable and her surgery has been (re)scheduled for Thursday 20th.

On to today's Mojo card... I must admit I'm not terribly enthusiastic about my effort. It's ok, I guess but I feel like I'm running out of festive steam. Next Monday is Christmas eve...aaaargh!!! I still have presents to wrap...what am I saying?! I still have presents to buy!

The sketch for my card is from MojoMonday #272. Then there is the last 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge for the year. The theme is "Christmas Crackers". Also playing along with Come and Get It "Anything Christmas", Platypus Creek Challenge 22 "Anything Christmas" and Brown Sugar Challenge #20 "Red, Green, Cream".













Here it is:


The patterned papers are from Dovecrafts Back to Basics Vintage Christmas. 8x8 pad. For the central panel I used vellum from Papermania's Signature A4 pad. The background paper is actually rows of Christmas trees, but with the central panel I thought they looked like the tails of Christmas crackers. Have I mentioned that I think I'm going blind? Daisies looking like snowflakes, Christmas trees looking like crackers.... yep, definitely going bonkers too. 

I made 3D ornaments using Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornaments die. I adhered gingham ribbon and shimmer brads on top of each ornament and outlined them with Stickles for a bit of shine.

I tied a bow with red baker's twine and popped the entire central panel on foam tape.  The greeting is from Chocolate Baroque's "Warm Winter Wishes" set, stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.

The sentiment is from WMS "Compliments of the Season" set, stamped with Brilliance Cottage Ivy.
I'm off to play nurse-maid to my little furball, then wrap some pressies and sort out our tree. We managed to put in the fairy lights. Now we need to make it look purty... by that I mean I do the work while my beloved gives a running commentary from the sofa. Same story every Christmas! Thanks for stopping by.

And don't forget...Day #11 of my Holiday Mini Bailout tomorrow. See ya!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Chocolate eclair and

14 comments:

  1. Oh My - gorgeous card - fabulous, so elegant and I love the papers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Asha! LOVE the patterned papers you used--so soft and pretty! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, what a wonderful card! Love the colors, stitching, 3D look, and your interpretation of the sketch. A beautifully assembled card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, girl you never disappoint with Mojo Monday! I haven't played in a long while :(. This card is too adorable! I really like the sentiment inside too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now look out for your MOJO Monday post and this is a beautiful one! The ornaments are fab and I love the sparkle on the edge of each one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty colors and ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful!!! I love ornament dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet! Love the papers and the ornaments are fab.

    Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar - good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the papers and the sparkle on your card Asha, thanks for joining in with us at %" CCT again this week

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! LOVE the 3D ornaments! Thank you for playing along this week at Come and Get It! Merry Christmas!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your 3D ornaments turned out perfectly! What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Asha, love the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT again! Merry Christmas, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely ornaments, love the dimension. Great card to hand deliver, and a nice sentiment inside too.

    Visiting from Mojo Monday challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Would love for you to come visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...