Thursday, 15 November 2012

O Bring Us A Figgy Pudding ...

... and a cup of good cheer!" So goes the carol. In this weather I could do with a jug of good cheer. It rained all day and is still raining. It's cold, wet and the traffic ...urgh!

The inspiration for today's card came from all over the place: Colours from 52 Christmas Card Colour Challenge #11 and the Figgy Pudding idea came from Holly Jolly Challenge "Inspired by a Carol". Then there's Papertake Weekly Challenge "Flower Power",  and Crafts and Me Challenge #110 "Untraditional Christmas Colours". AND I managed to crammed it all into this bitty little thing:

The card measures approx 4". I used the largest die from Spellbinders Standard Circles LG to cut the base.  There are no patterned papers in this project AND no stitching. Tell me about it - I'm just as horrified as you are!  

This card opens out in 3 parts. I have the cream in cream CS, embossed with the D'Vine Swirls folder. The pudding base is brown CS embossed with the Swiss Dots folder. And instead of the traditional holly decoration, I stuck a pink poinsettia on top. For this I used Marianne Creatables Poinsettia die. To finish, I inked the edges with TH's Vintage Photo and adhered a pink twine bow and pearl in the middle of the flower. 

On the inside, I mixed and matched words from WMS Say It Loud Winter Holiday and  stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa.  
Truth be told  I had fun making this card. I think I'll make some more for my stash, perhaps a few with more the traditional holly and red poinsettia garnishing.

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice warm evening. Since my butler hasn't arrived (yet), I'm going to get Conan to light the fire so I can plonk (yes...pun intended!) myself in front of it with my jug of good cheer!

Beijinhos!

p.s. You have got to swing by MIM #116 and gawk at some fab creations by other fellow crafters!  19Nov2012 


Blogged to:
Cinnamon roll, coffee and 



  

14 comments:

  1. More non-trad Christmas colours and again you make it beautiful!! I do love this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This such a fabulous card - love the shape and embossing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! You always do the coolest things, Asha! LOVE this idea--that pudding looks good enough to eat! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy enough to eat! Great card - love how it opens us. Thanks so much for joining us thie week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its 8am and I want Xmas pudding now!! This is amazing, don't quite understand how it opens out into three-is it the folder you mention?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely fun card - thanks for joining in our colour challenge this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your figgy pudding is so fun and festive Asha, such a creative idea! I love how it opens too! Thanks so much for sharing this fab card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo clever and creative! Super job with the color challenge! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Nice design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Asha..Saw this on MIM.. LOZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on MIM. Such a clever well thought out card. I love sketches. Carole http://lavendargrace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Asha. I spotted your Beautiful creation on MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fluttering by from MIM.. this is so unique and clever! A lovely idea and perfectly executed! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous design - really clever. I spotted your sweet card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...