Sunday, 11 November 2012

Happy Foreverness

Hello there, crafty cronies! It's Week 5 over at Eclectic Ellapu  and it's the Pinkies' turn to play. Our hostess is Berni and she has a beautiful challenge for you -> "Pink & Cream". This is such an elegant combo ... you cannot help but produce something totally sophisticated.

Here's what I made: a gift box for a sweet couple who will be renewing their wedding vows next week. They've been married for 20 years and are still crazy about each other...and I point this out to my Conan every opportunity I get! But right now, I have bigger issues to contend with, like what to wear to a reception in cold, wet November? Men don't have wardrobe worries. All they need is an open bar.

The other thing I need to sort out is the gift...I don't have one...yet. Classic cart-horse-wrong order situation. I guess now the gift is restricted to the size of the box. Oh well, the best things in life come in 3" boxes!



The patterned papers are from Wild Rose Studio "Vintage Rose" 6x6 pad. 

Here's the top view. I made the roses with pink CS and Spellbinders Donna Salazar Rose Creation die. For the frame I used the largest Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares die and for the sentiment I used the smallest die. "Happy Foreverness" is by WMS stamped in  Memento Rich Cocoa..

Here's a close-up of the rose. I dabbed a little Memento Angel Pink of the edges.

And yes...I did some stitching...had to.

I also wrapped some sheer pink ribbon all around the box.

I'm also linking this up with My Time To Craft #196 "Vintage" and Rogue Redhead's Rebel Challenge #017 "UnCard".

That's all from me today. I can't wait to see your creations.  Don't forget to take a peek at what the rest of the DT have made...you will be inspired for sure. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see in again in a day or two...

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Roasted chestnuts, Port and 

16 comments:

  1. now this combo colour I love! And wow to your creation, this is Asha in full swing! The roses are my favourite it, and stitching is back-happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha - this is gorgeous! Maybe you could use the box to put keepsakes from the wedding day in:-) Then get a nice gift too:-) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project, thank you for joining in the MTTC challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Asha, I love your gorgeous flowers and that wonderful die that peeks over the edge. ;) They will love the detail you put into this keepsake for them. You're such a thoughtful friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Asha , this is a totally stunning gift box. Absolutely gorgeous, hope you find something eqully special to go inside :) x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asha, this is so lovely and elegant, Esquisite details. Love, love, love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gift box is gorgeous!!! I just got that Fleur de Lis Spellbinder and am eager to use it!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    I hope you can find a 3" gift for your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww beautiful color combo - and your project is soooo sweet! I love that fleur de lis die set - I have it somewhere and have yet to use it LOL - thanks for Thr inspiration ;). I adore the patterned paper and the 3D flowers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful box Asha - they do say that good things come in small packages so I'm sure whatever you find to go in it will be equallu spectacular!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Asha! I would simply be beside myself if I was the lucky recipient of this gorgeous gift box! I know people generally don't like to give money as a gift, but in this occasion no one can say you didn't put any though into the gift, you chose to put thought into the presentation. A gift card would most certainly fit in it!
    We done girlie!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful box that it really is a gift in itself! I'm certain you will come up with an equally fabulous gift idea but this is so special anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Asha! I'm overswhelmed sith this one. Lovely flower embellishments and such elegant paper. I love everything about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Love the fabulous design!

    Thanks for playing the UnCard Rebel Challenge at RRD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooooo pretty and feminine! thanks for joining us at RRD Rebel Uncard Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Box! Soo much dimension. Thanks for playing with us at Rogue Redhead Designs :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...