Wednesday, 25 July 2012

My Christmas Village


Hello there, my friends! I'm back with a Christmas concoction. This time I'm playing with the good folks at Technique Tuesday and the challenge for July is to make a cascading card. Mynnette has an excellent tutorial on how to get started with the card base, so hop on over to make your own. It's a lot of fun. Once you have the base sorted out, all that's left is to let your imagination soar. Go crazy... I did!

Admittedly, I got a teensy bit carried away and before long there was no turning back. I must warn you that my card is bumptious, bodacious and very very busy! I also came to the sobering realisation that I am the Anti-CAS. The need to fill up every inch of real estate on a card is confounding. I can't help myself. Perhaps it's my choice of music. Maybe there's too much sugar in my diet. Who knows...

For this project I wanted to make something literally bursting with all the things that remind me of Christmas. The tastes, the sights, the sounds, the sentiments  - I wanted to cram it all into a Christmas village. And here's what I've come up with:


Here it is, lying flat. There's a lot going on. Let's start with the patterned paper. It's from the Cozy Christmas 6x6 pack. This paper has little ginger-bread houses - an entire village of it! Yummmm! The trees are made of sugar cookies, even the snow men. Delicious! Ok ok, I'm 46 but this makes me feel like a 6 year-old. 

Here it is standing up. Now do you believe me there's a lot going? We have poinsettia, santa's hat, ornaments, glitter, bling, candy canes - there's even a tree sticking out of the card! Of course, right at the top is the Star. Dies for santa's hat, candy cane, ornaments and star are by Spellbinders - Christmas Cheer Shapeabilities . I cut the poinsettia and Christmas tree with Marriane Creatables dies.




The 2 photos above show the side view. You can see that it's very 3-dimensional with bits sticking out everywhere. I'm not sure if this is what Mynnette had in mind for a cascading card - but here we are! On the right below the Star, I've added a musical note for all the wonderful carols and hymns we sing (or try to) at this time. 


I think this sentiment is beautiful and oh so true. There's a gingerbread home for everyone!  The sentiment is from WMS "Seasons of Love Tags" set, stamped with Memento Potters Clay and cut with Spellbinders Labels 18. And as always, there's no end to my stitching! 

The star and sentiment within are also from WMS "Seasons of Love Tags" set. I stamped the star with Versamark, heat embossed with Metallic Gold EP and cut with Spellbinders Star Nestabilities die. I heat embossed the sentiment with Fine White EP and cut it out with Spellbinders Circles Nestabilities die.




I decided to layer the inside with the some CS embossed with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirls folder.

 Here's the behind. 

A worn-out model resting on my cutting mat after an exhausting photo shoot!


That's my card. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed the tour. I really had fun making it and playing with it. There is no way I would stick this in an envelope and send it in the mail. In fact, I don't think it's going anywhere by any mode of transport! Contrary to the whole spirit of Christmas, I might just keep this for myself... maybe. Come December, I'll probably change my mind but for now it's staying put!

In the meantime, I'm doing a little show and tell over at Bearly Mine #45 "Shaped Card", Paper & Such "Stitch It" (as I've got plenty of it... on every panel), Crafty Sentiments "Food" (oh yeah - candy canes, gingerbread houses, sugar cookies), Christmas Cards All Year Round July "Holly / Poinsettia" and for Christmas in July challenges: Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #179,  Party Time Tuesday #78, Lexi's Creations #70, Cutie Pie Challenge #23, Creative Belli #148My Craft Spot #63 and Stampin' for Pleasure July. Finally, dont forget to swing by MIM #100. You dont get to be centenarian without dishing out some extraordinary fare.

Until the next post my friends, have a wonderful Wednesday.

Beijinhos!





Blogged to:
Ice-tea, butter cookies and
A little mood music!

44 comments:

  1. What an awesome card!!! I love all the layers and elements you added! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the way that card looks! I will definitely try it out. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are anti-CAS but that's OK!! Your card is wonderful, beautiful, amazing, and gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, this is so stinkin' cute!!! LOVE this gorgeous creation--all the elements are fabulous I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for joining me at Technique Tuesday--I hope you become a regular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally AWESOME cascading card! It's FABULOUS and must have taken a while to make. I'm not surprised you want to keep it!!!! LOL!

    LOVED your Anti-CAS comment . . . could name for a new blog challenge I reckon!

    Thanks for joinining in with my challenge. Good luck in the draw.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea ! I love this Xmas theme. and thank you for your message on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, what a cool idea....a new blog-anti-cas, I would be hopleless but you would be the queen-go for it!
    This is just outstanding and what patience, I just love it, roll on Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and eye catching card..love the fold and gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so beautiful and detailed
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gift not just a stunning card what a lot of work, the design papers and embellishments are beautiful. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Crafting this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. This creation is Fabulous!! Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for Christmas In July.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is TOTALLY gorgeous! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what an amazing card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning creations, love it! thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project!

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round this month

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's packed with festive goodness!
    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. O wow this is fabulous, love all the detail and colours.. and yummy yummy food idea too he he ... Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is stunning!So much fab detail and colour, just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
    Hugs Jo x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!! Such an AMAZING Christmas creation!! It is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for joining us at Paper and Such! Have a AWESOME day!



    Enjoy Life~Javablustamper/Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is just amazing! Looks splendid! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is so amazing. Awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine "Shaped Card" Challenge this week. Good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Asha - absolutely stunning card! I love every aspect of it and can understand why so many people are raving about the creation! Saw it on MIM and needed to take a closer look a the detail; so pleased that I did - wow!
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG!! This is STUNNING Asha..I saw this Beauty on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  26. saw you on MIM..WOW OH WOW this is stunning. Another creation I have seen that's on my 'to do' list. I have admired this design and after seeing what you have done, gosh it's wonderful Wonder how long it took you to make this...love annie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such an amazing card,popped over from MIM.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool project! I gotta try one! Saw this on MIM and had to check it out! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing cascading card, it must of taken you hours to create. I don't blame you for not wanting to part with it, it's a work of beauty.

    Good luck in the draw. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so cute! Saw you on MIM.

    I have blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. love this, fabulous die cuts, came over from mim for a look x

    ReplyDelete
  32. And what a xmas village it is! Stunning creation :)

    Btw, I saw you on MIM.

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    PS - I invite you to join Tuesday Alchemy's newest challenge at http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, saw you at MIM - what a fantastically designed and produced card. Such fun colours, and so many amazing details - wow!
    Alison x
    #184

    ReplyDelete
  34. Every adjective possible has been used so I will simply say that this card makes me happy. Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial and I'm thrilled you are anti-CAS. It isn't natural, is it? Haha! So very happy that I saw this on MIM and came to take a look.
    I'm off to join your blog so I don't miss a thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG!!! This is just FANTASTIC... I love how you filled up every inch of real estate on this GORGEOUS card. It is truly a stunner of all stunners. I am in awe of this. So glad I saw this on MIM, especially since I've never ever seen anything like this before...

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW what an amazing card! Saw it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Asha this is gorgeous, the details are amazing! saw you on mim. Joey #217 x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh WOW WOW WOW!!!! What a fabulous creation! I always like to make something a little extra special for my Mom and sister's cards each year and this is going to be it! LOVE IT! I saw you at MIM and I'm so glad I stopped for a closer look :0)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, Asha, this is such a fun and beautiful creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday this week.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #91, #157, #158 and #277.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  41. Asha, that is so beautiful, the amount of work you have put in to this fabulous creation! Just amazing.

    I saw you at MIM #100. I am entry 300 this week, I'd love it if you dropped by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a festive card! I love all the Christmas cheer popping out of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. How stunning your card is
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...