Sunday, 18 March 2012

Sunshine and Beach

Oh happy days, my blog-friends! 'Tis a glorious sun-shiny Sunday here ... finally! Hope your day is just as grand. And, no, I am NOT on anything! Well, maybe a generous mug off coffee, but that's it!  I'm really excited to show you this card made. I combined 2 challenges: the colours came from Divas by Design challenge #26 "Citrus Colours" and the theme is from Just Add Ink challenge #109 "Beaches". I know for many the beach is all about sun, swimming, beach-volley, surfing ... in which case Slip-Slop-Slap has to be your mantra.  But not me. On the beach my theme-song is Slurp-Stuff-Snooze. Oh yes...slurp copious amounts of Long Island Ice Tea or ice lollies or both, stuff my face with grilled fresh sardines and, the grand finale, settle down (in the shade) for a gentle snooze. Come play with me on my summer beach!

The patterned papers are from the "Beach Babe" pack by Fansy Pants. My card base is 4.25" square lime green. The panels on the side - I was inspired by one that is put up every year at our beach. Only, that board says "No Dogs from June - September" :- (
On a lighter note, don't you think the panel also look like an ice cream... from a distance ... with some imagination ... an orange lolly, perhaps? ;-)  And can you see the little fishies too?
Here's a close-up of my greeting. It's from Personal Impression's "Double Sayings" set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto one of the labels from the paper pack.  The word "sunshine" is in Versacolor Orange. I attached 2 eyelets and strung some roasting twine (yep, not baker's) through.
On the inside, I've got plenty of layering action going on ... and even more stitching! I love the way the little oranges frame the card. 
That's my card for you. Hope you enjoyed the walk down my beach! And after church, I'll post another card you. Oh yes, I have been very busy this weekend! :-) Thanks for dropping in on me.

Beijinhos!

BRAG UPDATE 22 MAR 2012:  Got an Honourable Mention from the awesome folks at Just Add Ink! Yay!!!! You must check out the Winner - Sam. Her card is mind-blowing! Also drop by Bronwyn's place to peek at her totally elegant beach card. Until next time, my friends!

10 comments:

  1. Asha, this is gorgeous! Those papers are perfect for the "Just Add Beach" challenge, and I love the sign you made (and the story behind it). Great, happy, summery card. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card - I love the surf board and your sign post. The colours of your DSP are so summery! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink - cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Asha. Your beach looks gorgeous. Wish I was there :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely summery card Asha. Love your surfboard and the sign. Thanks for playing with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha I love the summery colours in your card, the beautiful surfboard and your 'lollipop' style sign...just makes you want to go to the beach! Thanks for playing with us at Just Add Ink this week and I am glad you had so much fun with our theme challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous Card Asha! I love the beautiful colour scheme you have used, and the little sign you made. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very 'ccol' card!!!!
    Thank for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. What perfect paper Asha, love your gorgeous colours and your sign post inspiration made me smile, what a great card. Thanks for playing at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha, Your card is really lovely. I love all the stitching you did and even on the inside. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...